Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan Blueford murder

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Alan Blueford murder

Alan Blueford was a black teenager from the Oakland, CA area who was murdered by two cops one evening while out with his friends. Now I know most of the conservatives could not care less but what if that were your son, nephew, brother or even you? If you are going to turn a blind eye to this young man being slaughtered at the hands of the police do not expect sympathy if this ever happens to someone that you love.

http://justice4alanblueford.org/

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

While I've seen that Oakland has had other issues with their police and shooting, the report that I just read said that the officers were dispatched to the area to look into a reported fight around midnight. They came across the three guys and they looked to be passing something around. While patting them down and questioning them Blueford took off. A witness said that they thought they saw a gun when blueford tripped and said that it was some distance away from him when the officer fired.

It's definitely a bad situation. I'm not sure what to expect of the officer in this situation as it's easy to know the actual facts in hindsight. Things aren't so clear in the heat of things, unfortunately. I will say that had Blueford not have ran he'd still be alive. There was some question of the officers fourth shot and seems like he may not have been fired upon as he says, from what I read rather quickly.

It seems that Blueford had a weapon at some point in the chase and obviously tried to evade the police. I assume he ran because he had a gun and was already on probation. I'm not a person that thinks a police officer has the right to do whatever once a person tries to flee, but when you run from them in situations like this and they think you have a weapon or you actually do it's hard not to think that they could end up shooting at you based off of what they think you might do or might be carrying. Definitely a sad situation and would never wish this on Blueford's family or him, but he also made some poor, life threatening choices.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

He was obviously had something to hide. How about a link a non biased site, there is more to this then some kid just being shot, what he a gang banger, arrest history? Drugs, violence history... How come when this happens to a black kid its automatically the cops fault and they are to blame, that is beyond stupid. Total blame lays with the idiotic kid

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm going to have to agree. If he ran in that situation then he took his life in his own hands and lost.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know about where any of ya'll live but if you come from the enviroment where I come from the police are not your friends and if one of them come up to you out the blue in the middle of the night be prepared for a confrontation. If you had a history of being harassed in your own neighboorhood by the police or any other criminal organization you would have ran too.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I don't know about where any of ya'll live but if you come from the enviroment where I come from the police are not your friends and if one of them come up to you out the blue in the middle of the night be prepared for a confrontation. If you had a history of being harassed in your own neighboorhood by the police or any other criminal organization you would have ran too.

I agree that I don't have the experience with police officers that some do and am not a minority so I can't know what it's like to be profiled by police because of race. I don't have a very big sampling of police interaction, but I do have some and none have been negative besides some traffic violations. I'm still of the opinion that even if you have a bad history with the police why would you run in that situation. These guys were, young and hanging out on a street corner at midnight. I've been stopped by police because I was out late and young. We weren't doing anything illegal and they just told us to get home after he checked our ids and asked us some questions.

This was hardly the cops coming up to them out of the blue. They were dispatched to a fight and they saw these guys in the area and passing what turned out to be a hand gun around when they saw the police. Then one of them bolts. What did he expect to happen? I'm not saying that the shooting was justified and it sounds like there was some false reporting which seems odd and should be looked into. I don't know if the shooting was justified or if the officer overreacted, but the guy did have a gun and he ran. I usually don't speak in absolutes much in hypothetical discussion but I feel very confident that if Blueford hadn't ran he'd be alive today. He may be in prison because I'm sure it was a probation violation to carry a handgun, but he very likely wouldn't have been shot or harmed. I've never gone through police training but I'd expect that when a guy runs they are to expect the worst and that would usually be that the runner has a gun and he could use it on him. Running is an act of desperation and seems that a runner would be desperate enough to shoot an officer to get away if the opportunity presents itself. That isn't always the case but it has to be thought as a possibility in the officers mind.

Also, if I had a bad run in with an officer or even multiple how does one know that the next one would be the same. Each officer is different. Bottom line is if he doesn't run and doesn't have a gun, he's 99.9% alive today. He has to take some of the responsibility. Even if he had no intention in shooting the officer with his weapon, he put the possibility in the officers head by running and having a gun or what the officer thought was a gun.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Hey, I'm usually on your side regarding police, but sometimes they didn't do something wrong and saying "he might have done X" is no excuse for running from a cop. Sorry.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Having many members of my family in the police profession as well as certain things attaining to my employment I can attest that the jerk cop complex is very very rare. Not all cops are out to get the black man or to harass some kids cuz they look thuggish or something silly to that effect. You need to lay off the stereotypes and realize that he ran because he had something to hide, whether it be a gun, drugs, a warrant or whatever.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Having many members of my family in the police profession as well as certain things attaining to my employment I can attest that the jerk cop complex is very very rare. Not all cops are out to get the black man or to harass some kids cuz they look thuggish or something silly to that effect. You need to lay off the stereotypes and realize that he ran because he had something to hide, whether it be a gun, drugs, a warrant or whatever.

Not among the RCMP it isn't.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have cops in my family as well and I also have a best friend who is a cop. However for the most part my experiences with the police have not been pleasent. I'm not sure what race you are but dealing with the police as a black male is about as fun as being audited by the IRS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast