Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Check out the story of Kathryn Johnson. She was a elderly woman who lived in Atlanta who was old enough to be most of our grandmother or great grandmother. One night some undercover cops ran up in her house in plain clothes w/o knocking or identifying themselves as cops. Ms Johnson not recognizing any of the intruders as cops attemped to defend her home. She was murdered by those pigs in cold blood. Those cowards even tried to plant evidence against her. Thankfully these dirty pigs were convicted and rec'd various jail sentences. It makes me sick that these monsters can go around preying on children and the elderly and people actually defend them. That is the lowest scum of the earth and deserves to rot in the hottest place in hell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathryn_Johnston_shooting
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm in no way saying that all police officers do no wrong. Of course there are bad cops, but there are a lot of good ones too. You're the one that seems unable to recognize that. I never said that all cops are good and never will. I do however, look at each incident on it's own since they are all different and involve different people.

When something like this arises, do you question it like myself and veggie? Or do you "question it" (with police are always in the right) as Habs described?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I normally don't chime in on this side of the forums but just wanted to give my $.02.

I don't see the problem with this story assuming what is given is the truth, if she pointed a gun at the cops the cops had every right to shoot regardless of her age. If they didn't shoot for all we know she could have shot and then we'd have a dead Officer.

Veggie I've noticed that normally the threads you start are usually about police brutality and other bad stories regarding the police, Why the hate towards police? Did you have a bad run in with an officer in the past and feel you have to bring up every police mishap to make yourself feel better? If you truly believe that all police officers are bad and go around killing 83 year olds for no reason you are sorely mistaking but I may understand why. Todays media is based off ratings and police brutality brings in views, thats why you hear every day about bad cops but you never hear when the cops do something good. If the media actually focused on the good you would see that the number of police who follow and protect the law far out number the police that are above the law and do as they please with no regard.

One day you may be in trouble and need these "pigs" to come save you, maybe you'll see them differently then.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

One day you may be in trouble and need these "pigs" to come save you, maybe you'll see them differently then.

To be perfectly fair, the only times I see veg use the word "pigs" in reference to police is in reference to stories above where, due to their own individual actions, the officers in question deserve to be called every name in the book.

SCF Rewards
    Country

To be perfectly fair, the only times I see veg use the word "pigs" in reference to police is in reference to stories above where, due to their own individual actions, the officers in question deserve to be called every name in the book.

Okay I may have been a little out of line there but you still get the message.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Okay I may have been a little out of line there but you still get the message.

Absolutely, and I agree with you for the most part. My problem with this is the "story" (which would be acceptable if true) just has an element to it, which I can't describe, that reminds me of other "official explanations" which turned out to be crap.

In the case of Robert Dziekanski. He was drunk, dehydrated and confused. He spoke only Polish, no English, and somehow wound up by himself in a room with nothing but 4 chairs and a desk somewhere in Vancouver International Airport. He had no idea what to do, how to get through customs, etc, etc. He posed no immediate (but potential) threat to anyone and all civilians present had figured out that a translator was needed for this gentleman. They even narrowed it down to Russian or some eastern European language. Someone called for the police to come in. Presumably, those police got the whole story as known at the time, which was man is freaking out, needs a translator.
    4 officers walked in, saw a man by himself jabbering and throwing chairs. They walked into the room he was in, at which point he calms down, even putting his hands up in surrender fashion. They then circled him in execution fashion and all tazered him simultaneously...all 4 of them.
    After they killed him, all 4 claimed to be fearing for their lives because he had grabbed a stapler...

I'll give that a moment to sink in...

Fortunately, someone caught the whole thing on tape, so those officers were brought to justice, right? Wrong.
    The RCMP spin machine (which ever department around has a version of) found them to be completely blameless in this man's death. Let's recap:
    Man who doesn't speak the local language gets confused and freaks out, harming no one and causing little-to-no damage.
    Police show up.
    Man sees uniform and calms down, putting his hands up in surrender fashion.
    Officers line up around him and tazer him.
    Man dies.
    Officers are innocent of any wrongdoing.

And people wonder why I don't immediately trust an officer in uniform? Robert Dziekanski did, and now he's dead. I can see absolutely no reason for those officers taking the course of action they did, so by Habs' logic, it must never have happened...

Hmm...
    As much as I disagree with hating the police, I disagree with trusting them completely because they're in uniform.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Absolutely, and I agree with you for the most part. My problem with this is the "story" (which would be acceptable if true) just has an element to it, which I can't describe, that reminds me of other "official explanations" which turned out to be crap.

In the case of Robert Dziekanski. He was drunk, dehydrated and confused. He spoke only Polish, no English, and somehow wound up by himself in a room with nothing but 4 chairs and a desk somewhere in Vancouver International Airport. He had no idea what to do, how to get through customs, etc, etc. He posed no immediate (but potential) threat to anyone and all civilians present had figured out that a translator was needed for this gentleman. They even narrowed it down to Russian or some eastern European language. Someone called for the police to come in. Presumably, those police got the whole story as known at the time, which was man is freaking out, needs a translator.
    4 officers walked in, saw a man by himself jabbering and throwing chairs. They walked into the room he was in, at which point he calms down, even putting his hands up in surrender fashion. They then circled him in execution fashion and all tazered him simultaneously...all 4 of them.
    After they killed him, all 4 claimed to be fearing for their lives because he had grabbed a stapler...

I'll give that a moment to sink in...

Fortunately, someone caught the whole thing on tape, so those officers were brought to justice, right? Wrong.
    The RCMP spin machine (which ever department around has a version of) found them to be completely blameless in this man's death. Let's recap:
    Man who doesn't speak the local language gets confused and freaks out, harming no one and causing little-to-no damage.
    Police show up.
    Man sees uniform and calms down, putting his hands up in surrender fashion.
    Officers line up around him and tazer him.
    Man dies.
    Officers are innocent of any wrongdoing.

And people wonder why I don't immediately trust an officer in uniform? Robert Dziekanski did, and now he's dead. I can see absolutely no reason for those officers taking the course of action they did, so by Habs' logic, it must never have happened...

Hmm...
    As much as I disagree with hating the police, I disagree with trusting them completely because they're in uniform.

I agree that was completely wrong what those cops did and they should have been punished to the fullest extent of the law.

However I never said I or anybody should trust the cops completely, I said that the amount of good cops vastly outnumber the amount of bad cops but with the way todays media coverage is nobody would ever realize that when all they talk about is police brutality and don't give the good hard working cops light of day.

The reason I posted what I did is because Veggie is exactly like todays media, he only posts about the police when they mess up or do something wrong as if he is completely biased towards anybody who has ever worn a badge. At least thats what I would assume by all of his corrupt police posts and that he has never once said one thing positive towards a cop.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I agree that was completely wrong what those cops did and they should have been punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Surprisingly, many did not. Remember, that man was drunk (by a lot of peoples' logic, that immediately meant he deserved whatever he got)

However I never said I or anybody should trust the cops completely, I said that the amount of good cops vastly outnumber the amount of bad cops but with the way todays media coverage is nobody would ever realize that when all they talk about is police brutality and don't give the good hard working cops light of day.

No argument here. I know that the media only reports the bad, or at least does so monumentally more than the good. My problem is when people do say we should trust all officers completely and who get angry whenever anyone questions them. People who say things like, "If I can't think of a good reason for them to do wrong, there must not have been wrong done". I posted two videos which go against that logic. The problem with the police is, I can't tell which are the "good" and which are the "bad" by looking at them, so it makes sense to me to be very, very wary of police until I know the individual a little better.
    This outlook has gotten me called "cop hater" on many occasions.
    The thing is, when I see these 4 officers or the one who kicked Mr. Tavares, I can't tell they're "bad" cops by looking at them. They look like any other cop. Many times it's otherwise "good" cops who make a bad mistake, which is understandable. Problem is, it's MY life, MY health, MY well being, MY reputation on the line, not theirs. Whatever they do they have a union and management that will defend them with whatever it takes, whether it's honest or legal or neither. I don't have that. When I trust a cop and follow his instructions to the letter, only to be kicked in the face, what recourse do I have. I'm not allowed to defend myself against a police officer, that will get me charged or killed.

The thing a lot of people don't seem to understand is that we can't hold the police to the same general standards as the rest of the population. We need to hold them to a higher standard. Whenever one of these stories comes out it inevitably turns into, "Well, if you think they're so bad, I'd like to see you try it!" which is a complete load. I didn't become a cop for a reason. I assume they did become cops for a reason. We hold our politicians to a higher standar but not our police? We question everything priests and pastors do, but the police MUST be trustworthy? Makes no sense to me.

The reason I posted what I did is because Veggie is exactly like todays media, he only posts about the police when they mess up or do something wrong as if he is completely biased towards anybody who has ever worn a badge. At least thats what I would assume by all of his corrupt police posts and that he has never once said one thing positive towards a cop.

The only problem I had with that post, in reality, was the semi-accusation of him using the word "pigs". I've only ever seen him use it when it's totally deserved, as above. Other than that, I do agree with you. It's just an area I think everyone needs to be cautious about, as it could mean your life.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

However with groups like the police, republican party, faux news etc who do no care for women or minorities, why should I belive anything that they say?

that is the worst statement I have ever heard. You have no clue on what goes on in the real world, and I am shamed that no one else called you out on this.
    You are entitled to your opinions, but an opinion like that is one I do not respect at all.
    It is statements like this and accusations like this, that have stopped all of us from uniting, it is not the our actions but your assumptions that hinder us all.

My father, who is dead by the way, was a cop, and I am a republican and white. I guarantee I have more respect and have done more for women and minorities that most on here. I not only work for a non profit in a liberal town, but the town is famous for its diversity and its gay movement. Ask any gay about Oberlin Ohio and look up the stats on Oberlin and the role we played and play in civil rights and the gay movement.
    and I not only interact with everyone in town, but go out of my way to help anyone, and do nearly every single day. The elderly, black, gay, and low income community stop me at the gas station, super market, or drugstore just to talk to me because of the mutual respect we have for each other. they are my friends, my neighbors, and my townsfolk.

I can only say, thank God (Jesus) that I have moved beyond this nonsense in my lifetime, if I achieve nothing else, this will certainly do to make my life be worth living.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Ok veggie I am going to rant here. A lot of my family are in the police profession and everything you say is an insult to them. My uncle had his head blown off defending someones business from thieves so he must be a bloody horrible person to give his life for someones elses meager possessions? I have other members shot stabbed, hit by cars, and assaulted a million different ways and times helping others .. And they are bad for doing so? Your view of police is so disgustingly jaded that its unbelievable someone would actually stoop to think like that. a select few are not the majority why you refuse to see that is beyond me. I guess you are just not as open minded and accepted of things as i believed. Which is just plain sad...... maybe you need to get out and see the world around you more and open your eyes and mind to the true realities of life in Canada and the USA.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast