SCF Inventory vs Photobucket

Figured this would be the best place to post this message. I wanted to get some feedback from everyone else on this. I know the SCF Inventory is fairly new (although I have been using it for quite a while now). But I am curious what people think about the Inventory tool vs Photobucket. I have personally grown to love the new SCF Inventory tool. It is quick and easy to add cards, allows you to add a scan of your particular card and has a lot of flexibility in creating PC's and folders, etc... As for Photobucket... I cannot stand Photobucket. The site always seems slow. It always seems to crash on me when searching pictures and very few people use "tags" for teams or captions of what the actual card is (year, set, card #, etc...) For me it makes searching for particular cards VERY time consuming and difficult.

With the addition of the trade tool, SCF has made it really easy to inventory your cards and trade with others. If there was only 1 thing I wish SCF Inventory could do, it would be to be able to have the same exact card in my Traders as well as in my PC (for duplicates that you want to keep one and trade one).

So what do the rest of you guys think? For those of you that still use Photobucket, please share you reasons as to not transferring over to SCF Inventory.

Ohh and to CoolHandLuke and anyone else who has put the time into this site and the Inventory/Trade tool, THANK YOU very much!

Thanks everyone, I look forward to hearing some of your feedback.

-Eric
    Hidden Content
    My Inventory (Working on Updating): Hidden Content

Just trying it out seriously today. Still a bit confused as to getting stuff seperated into PCs but the Inventory part for traders is excellent. Sucks that we cn't pop our scans from photobucket right over though (unless I am missing something) as with over 1400 cards in it this is going to be a painfull transition.

Other than that I think the automatic tagging of serial numbered/rc/etc is a thing of beauty.

Photobucket is a crash site but I still use it for the main reason I sated above...and all my cards are at least tagged.
    Looking for ITG Franchise, certain brand NYI RCs, NYI Dynasty, Tavares, Strome, Certain Enforcer Autos/GU/Sets, Tony Twist and Stick Cards

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Howdy, i started with a bucket & still have one for cards not listed here (non-sports & my other collections) & also hope for a TRADER & PC listings to list multiple cards FT that are in my PC.

The bucket is a P.O.S. at times but i can resize digital pics from my camera to fit here.

Ive scanned around 20,000 cards since it started so 1400 shouldnt be too bad, GL

Its also GREAT that they are adding letters that go with the card #s when pointed out unlike that lazy monthly rag.. & correcting if actually ser #d or just 1/????
    Howdy, I coll. Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr, Danica & Walter Payton, Peace from Jupiter !!

If you're going to bring up ebay, dont bother responding

I collect cards with a US flag on them or US flag themed, cards in my PC of drivers & players that I don't collect will have a flag somewhere on it

My Space Coll., Spiderman & Wolverines, & My Creations can be seen here:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBrosCards View Post
    Figured this would be the best place to post this message. I wanted to get some feedback from everyone else on this. I know the SCF Inventory is fairly new (although I have been using it for quite a while now). But I am curious what people think about the Inventory tool vs Photobucket. I have personally grown to love the new SCF Inventory tool. It is quick and easy to add cards, allows you to add a scan of your particular card and has a lot of flexibility in creating PC's and folders, etc... As for Photobucket... I cannot stand Photobucket. The site always seems slow. It always seems to crash on me when searching pictures and very few people use "tags" for teams or captions of what the actual card is (year, set, card #, etc...) For me it makes searching for particular cards VERY time consuming and difficult.

With the addition of the trade tool, SCF has made it really easy to inventory your cards and trade with others. If there was only 1 thing I wish SCF Inventory could do, it would be to be able to have the same exact card in my Traders as well as in my PC (for duplicates that you want to keep one and trade one).

So what do the rest of you guys think? For those of you that still use Photobucket, please share you reasons as to not transferring over to SCF Inventory.

Ohh and to CoolHandLuke and anyone else who has put the time into this site and the Inventory/Trade tool, THANK YOU very much!

Thanks everyone, I look forward to hearing some of your feedback.

-Eric

I had asked this a while back and I believe I was told that this is in the works but it's not a priority.

...Rick
    Hidden Content
    Bucket PC & Trade Items: Hidden Content
    PC In-Person (IP) Auto Memorabilia Collection: Hidden Content
    PC HOF Game-Used Collection: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Teams View Post
    I had asked this a while back and I believe I was told that this is in the works but it's not a priority.

...Rick
    Never said it was not a priority, this was a decision that the system would be coded as one entry only per unique card because we did not want to code a extensive free inventory. This is why the system do not allow it because the structure does not allow it and was done this way to make it easy to support it for free. A system with a more complex structure would have need to be coded that way from the start and this was never our intention because we wanted to make it free. The only way to do this for free was to minimise the data stored and this is why we opted for this. SO basically a early deicision and still today, I would not have change that decision. Making it more complex would have required for a more complex application and we could not substain it for free. Charging for a inventory would not have been a viable solution. So even today, it very costly to maintain a fast server and leave the service free. Would we have taken a other decision, I am sure we could not have afforded to have fast server and be able to pay for the cost of such service.

It easy to say: Ha it would be great... But when you have to pay for the computer to maintain a free application, you can't code something you can support. Just a logical finacial decision. Just in the past year we keep upgrading the servers to maintain the fast server but the cost keep rising. If I would have coded a more advance inventory, we woul dhave had to close it because we could not afford it and it would have made the forum way too slow. We can't afford to have a slow server so we need to be wise in what we offer for free...
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

Luke, thank you for clarifying. I appreciate all your hard work along with everyone who keeps the site going, all the upgrades and features which are free. Thanks.

...Rick
    Hidden Content
    Bucket PC & Trade Items: Hidden Content
    PC In-Person (IP) Auto Memorabilia Collection: Hidden Content
    PC HOF Game-Used Collection: Hidden Content