Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What is the Case Hit for this year's version of The Cup?

Question in the title. Haven't been able to find anything really.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Country

/99 rookies, Shields...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Basically anything containing one or more signatures from Wayne Gretzky, Sidney Crosby, Mario Lemieux and Bobby Orr (although not always when it comes to Orr), a card containing 3 or more signatures, a shield, a booklet, a /99 SP rookie, any 1/1 that is not a printing plate, one of those "video cards" and anything short-printed containing a patch and autograph of a hot rookie from that year's crop.

I may be forgetting some, but that sums it up pretty well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hmm. I'm wondering because I bought 5 of 6 boxes in a case. Some other guy got the other box but the LCS owner let me know that he didn't get the Case hit. The best card I pulled was a Joe Sakic Emblems of Endorsement patch and autograph. Would that have been the case hit? I didn't get any /99s, multiple sigs, gretz autos, shields, booklets and the only 1/1 was a printing plate.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The case hit is usually in a tin with a decoy or /and gold base rc /25

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sounds like a dud case.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The boxes are hand-packed and not all cases have a "hit" but most do. Sometimes what someone might consider a "hit" isn't one, in the opinion of another, but in general the "hit" isn't hard to spot. The other possibility is that the LCS owner was being less than truthful in order to move the remaining 5 "dud" boxes from that case...but that's the cynical side of me saying that...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rzrz123's Items on eBay

Yep, LCS lied

SCF Rewards
    Country

The case hit is usually in a tin with a decoy or /and gold base rc /25

I think it must have been that Sakic then. The tin had a decoy and a gold Connolly rookie. I do group breaks so it's no skin off my back but I'm glad I didn't just buy a bunch of boxes for myself expecting some kind of ROI. Pretty disappointing.