Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chris Matthews: Third-party voters are 'idiots'

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/...39.html?hp=l11

Matthews was a guest at Wagner's table today but largely controlled the conversation as he railed against people who either weren't intending to vote or intended to vote for a third-party candidate.

"If you don't vote, you're an idiot," Matthews yelled at the camera. "If you don't vote, I don't want to talk to you. And if you vote for one of these numbskull third or fourth party candidates like Gary Johnson or Jill Stein and say, 'Oh, I was so surprised at what happened. ...' No! You shouldn't be! Because idiots like you voted for third- and fourt-party candidates, and they don't know how this system works. You have two choices."

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

He has a point. Not calling people idiots but with this election you only have two choices and if you dislike both of them you have to chose the lesser of two evils. If you don't pick one or the other one will be chosen for you.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Hi, my name is Chris Matthews, and I'm an arrogant blowhard.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A classic example of the pot calling the kettle black.

...Rick

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Chris Matthews is an idiot. More people should vote third party, not less.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I wouldn't say they are idiots but if you vote third party for presidents you vote will almost always be a wasted vote. You can say that more votes give credibility to the third party even if they don't win, but the other two just have so much more traction.

Now, if you want a libertarian or third party to gain traction it's more valuable to vote for that party in local or state elections. It's just more likely to get traction there first before going with the presidential campaign.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wouldn't say they are idiots but if you vote third party for presidents you vote will almost always be a wasted vote. You can say that more votes give credibility to the third party even if they don't win, but the other two just have so much more traction.

Now, if you want a libertarian or third party to gain traction it's more valuable to vote for that party in local or state elections. It's just more likely to get traction there first before going with the presidential campaign.

I don't see it that way. Even though that candidate won't win 99.9% of the time you are voting for someone who's ideals are similar to yours. I pretty much vote along party line. If the candidate does not encompass most of my beliefs or I have a problem with their stand on a critical issue than I will abandon voting along party lines for that individual. That happened this year to me in the presidential election. I believe you are standing up for what you believe and if you do that I don't believe your vote is wasted. Many people could not be the lone wolf when sitting on a jury. To me that shows that you do not have strong convictions for what you supposedly believe in. Just my two cents.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

agreed and I agree with Chris Mathews (can't believe I said that) but he said it in the wrong way. Its like some people will vote for Miguel Cabrera for MVP, others will vote for Mike Trout. Its absolutely going to be between those two. Then someone decides they will vote for Josh Reddick. Well that is good for them but realistically they aren't doing anything positive to effect the voting or race for the award. I mean no one can actually say wholeheartedly that if they voted for Roseanne Barr for President that their vote was not wasted

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You can't compare this to a pro sports MVP vote. The more options on the ballot the less crap you have to put up with. Counterintuitive, I know, but it's true. More parties = more competition. More competition = a good thing.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

Guess that makes me an idiot for not going along with the herd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast