Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Country
    See HBlumUSMC's Items on eBay

Which box/es should I break next?

I'm really starting to get more into hockey these days, maybe it's due to the lockout and I really REALLY miss hockey but so far I'm starting to collect Zdeno Chara and other Bruins,I'm also working on ITG Enforcers and 2011-12 BTP, I have the base set complete now (for BTP) I'm just working on Goaliegraphs and the ruby Masked Men die cuts. I want to break some more boxes and I'm not sure if I wanna just buy some more BTP or venture out into something else... Before I post up what I have in mind I just want you guys to take into account that I do enjoy both set collecting as well as getting hits. So here's what I've been looking at:

1. Purchase more 2011-12 BTP (The base set is complete so now I'm solely looking for hits and inserts)

2. Try something new from this list:

2011-12 Panini Contenders
    2011-12 Panini Elite
    2011-12 Panini Titanium

2011-12 or 2012-13 Upper Deck Series 1 (perhaps I can find out what all this 'Young Guns' craze is all about!
    2011-12 or 2012-13 UD Artifacts
    2011-12 or 2012-13 UD Black Diamond

What do you guys think? You steered me in the right direction last time with 11-12 BTP perhaps you can help me out again this time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

Depends. Ordering from DA, Elite or Contenders all the way. BTP is always good, and IMO 11/12 S1 isn't worth the price point it is at. Black Diamond seems a lot better, Artifacts is consistent (11/12 is a little overpriced to me) and Black Diamond is a lot better this year. All of those are solid. Zenith from 10/11 ain't bad for $50 or whatever it is either!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Order from here: http://www.pittsburghsportscards.com...1&Page=2011/12 Hockey

They are a very good store and get contenders at $54 a box. I just opened a case of contenders today and almost every box had something good in it. Each case has 5 patches, 1 nuge or landeskog rookie auto /800, 1 Dual Auto, 1 Booklet. Great chance at getting one of them. Trust me on this one I just opened a case from them
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Even though the base set is done I'd go with the BTP some more.

-wide verity of different memorabilia
    -masked men inserts are a fun set to build
    -nice goaliegraph auto set list of both stars and up and comers
    -more points for the he shoots he saves redemptions (if you plan on doing it)
    -and who doesn't love goalies!!!

Blog Entries
    Country

So one undecided, one Contenders and one BTP, truth is it might actually come down to me purchasing more BTP, however a little part of me wants to try out something new and expand my horizons with either Upper Deck or Panini.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think you will be most happy with ITG. I'd go for more BTP.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joepbb's Items on eBay

I would go with Contenders, had great luck with my box this year. Series 1 would be my second choice, Black Diamond is alright too. Good luck with whatever you pick!

SCF Rewards
    Country

got to go big and buy the cup.

Blog Entries
    Country

got to go big and buy the cup.

Sorry but the cup is COMPLETELY out of my price range lol!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Contenders, no doubt about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast