Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Why are we talking about RG3's race? And why do black people have to be held to a "blacker" standard? I don't know any white people that care about RG3 being black. It's people like Rob Parker that continue to make race an issue in this country. I don't care if RG3 is white, black, purple or green. All I care about is that he didn't score enough points in fantasy last week to knock me out of the playoffs, and for that, I thank him.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Why are we talking about RG3's race? And why do black people have to be held to a "blacker" standard? I don't know any white people that care about RG3 being black. It's people like Rob Parker that continue to make race an issue in this country. I don't care if RG3 is white, black, purple or green. All I care about is that he didn't score enough points in fantasy last week to knock me out of the playoffs, and for that, I thank him.

Hate to say it, but black people are allowed to freely question other blacks for any reason, but if a white person says it, Al Sharpton would lead the way for that white person to be fired, and that's the problem. Nobody should talk about people like the way Parker did with RG3 without their being consequences. Again though, Parker always does this stuff, he got fired/forced to quit about 4 years ago or so because of this: http://www.aolnews.com/2008/12/21/ro...-law-as-defen/
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

^^^Would be ok with the namecalling if RG3 was a confirmed conservative.

Since you want to go into what ifs, what if he was a child molestor, what if he kills his momma, what if robs a bank? You are no better than Parker trying to imply things that clearly are not there.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hate to say it, but black people are allowed to freely question other blacks for any reason, but if a white person says it, Al Sharpton would lead the way for that white person to be fired, and that's the problem. Nobody should talk about people like the way Parker did with RG3 without their being consequences. Again though, Parker always does this stuff, he got fired/forced to quit about 4 years ago or so because of this: http://www.aolnews.com/2008/12/21/ro...-law-as-defen/

I said that I was not going to go there with that type of questioning but I feel obligated to answer. Yes the black community will call out another black for doing a diservice to his/her community like we did with herman cain and allen west. Hell the american public called them out for not electing either one of those clowns. RGIII has not done anything to embarrass the black community, the city of Washington DC, Baylor Univeristy, or Americans in general. Until he does I will stand behind that brother 100%.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 12-14-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: typo

SCF Rewards
    Country

I said that I was not going to go there with that type of questioning but I feel obligated to answer. Yes the black community will call out another black for doing a diservice to his/her community like we did with herman cain and allen west. Hell the american public called them out for not electing either one of those clowns. RGIII has not done anything to embarrass the black community, the city of Washington DC, Baylor Univeristy, of Americans in general. Until he does I will stand behind that brother 100%.

But what defines a disservice to the community? My thought is that no person should serve their own race. I want to be a good and decent person. I want to serve those around me well, and treat others the way I wish to be treated. I have no desire to serve the white community in any capacity, as I don't define myself as being white. People shouldn't want to do the black or white thing, they should want to do the right thing. RG3 seems to live his life like that. He cares about working hard and doing well by others. So why does Rob Parker care? RG3 can be whatever he wants to be, period.

SCF Rewards
    Country

But what defines a disservice to the community? My thought is that no person should serve their own race. I want to be a good and decent person. I want to serve those around me well, and treat others the way I wish to be treated. I have no desire to serve the white community in any capacity, as I don't define myself as being white. People shouldn't want to do the black or white thing, they should want to do the right thing. RG3 seems to live his life like that. He cares about working hard and doing well by others. So why does Rob Parker care? RG3 can be whatever he wants to be, period.

I agree with what you said 100%. If you are black and are serving the best intrests of society as a whole (eg President Obama) you are by default also doing right by the black community. If you are a clown like Herman Cain or Allen West who is not doing right by the public as a whole they are also by default doing a disservice to the black community.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 12-14-2012 at 12:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with what you said 100%. If you are black and are serving the best intrests of society as a whole (eg President Obama) you are by default also doing right by the black community. If you are a clown like Herma Cain or Allen West who is not doing right by the public as a whole they are also by default doing a disservice to the black community.

Exactly, our goals should be the same. I'm of Irish and Welsh descent. I'm also an American and a Pittsburgher. I'm proud to be all those things, and I think heritage is important. But my goals as an Irishman, Welshman, American and a Pittsburgher are all the same.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

for all the people who claim race doesn't play into politics, why is it that no one is surprised by a white democrat but if a prominent black man is openly republican he is betraying his race? And this is according to a black man.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Since you want to go into what ifs, what if he was a child molestor, what if he kills his momma, what if robs a bank? You are no better than Parker trying to imply things that clearly are not there.

Clearly not? There is AMPLE evidence in this forum of you doing the same thing to ANY conservative black that Parker did to RG3.

SCF Rewards
    Country

for all the people who claim race doesn't play into politics, why is it that no one is surprised by a white democrat but if a prominent black man is openly republican he is betraying his race? And this is according to a black man.

The last white democrat who was POTUS besides cheating on his wife (which btw was none of the general public's business ) did an overall good job in office and therefore did right by his people and society as a whole. The black man who tried to run for the seat as a republican was a complete piece of garbage and thefore would have not done right by society as a whole and be default would have been disserving the black community.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast