Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Which couple would get the most dirty looks

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • An interracial couple

1 4.17%
  • A gay couple

7 29.17%
  • A grown man 40+ dating a college aged girl

18 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Which couple would get more dirty looks?

Which couple would get more dirty looks? A gay couple? An interracial couple? A couple with a man 40+ dating a college aged girl? None of these couples would be breaking any American laws but some people still would be uptight about it and give them dirty looks or make smart remarks.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The old dude and the schoolgirl. Interracial isn't a major issue anymore and gays have enough support that many won't look twice.
    The vast majority, however, are still very stuck on age difference though, and it's prettyuch acceptable to judge a couple like that.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The older geezer. Every man over 30 would be staring and thinking "Good Man" , some of the women would stare, and might even be indignant.

We have far too much Bias that is still hurtful that is non-racial. People in Western Societies feel that it is not discriminatory to pick on Small people, Fat people, or Old people. It's laughed at and accepted, which is very wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have a sister who married a much older man, you would not believe the flack she got for it.

BANNED

Country

My Wife is substantially younger than me. The difference is 18 1/2 years.

I'm slightly more fortunate than many, as I probably appear to be about 15 years younger than I really am, when my friends were 16, everyone thought I was 8. LOL.

Now if I actually had looked my age when I met her - 41 I'd have probably had a decent amount of ridicule.
    Last edited by centrehice; 12-28-2012 at 03:35 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

So with me being a black male 37 years old if I dated a young lady in her early 20s outside of my race I would get double the flack for it. And you know what I really wouldn't care.

BANNED

Country

Unfortunately you probably would, but if I were you, take a run at them anyway. You only live once right?. Lol.

In all seriousness, I am fortunate that my child does not see colour. The reason being that he was raised with No Religious influence of any kind. WASPS - (white anglo-saxon protestants) are among the most racist today. They raise their children to look at the Asian, Black, Mullato with disfavour, based purely on intollerance, racial bias and complete ignorance.

It also jumps religious lines as well. Far too many WASPS look at Muslims as only terrorists, Jews as only greedy controlling people, and Asians as inherently bad drivers that make good duck. They happen to be white, and things that influence this indoctrination came only from The Church.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So with me being a black male 37 years old if I dated a young lady in her early 20s outside of my race I would get double the flack for it. And you know what I really wouldn't care.

More likely you'd get flack for the age and 10-15% added for race. I really doubt it would be double. In fact I think you would hear a lot of, "I don't have a problem with him being black, it's the fact he's old enough to be her dad," type comments.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think that also could be said of caucasianas, caucasians and African American both have that stereotype more than other races.
    Last edited by boba; 12-28-2012 at 04:12 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

Old and young...All I think is - "I wish I had his money"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast