Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Time for an ITG History of Hockey Hextall rant…

Is it me, or am I off base with In The Game and their latest release, The History of Hockey? For my Ron Hextall collection, there are 22 cards in the set and 20 of them are 1/1. But, I have them all from their original years. Does it make sense that ITG bought (or maybe printed one more?) of all the cards I already have. The only two “new” cards are the Hextall Scores a Goal, silver and gold versions. Have the silver by the way, need the gold.

I have trouble rapping my head around bidding, purchasing and/or trading for all these cards I “need” and already have. The 1/1 ITG cards make me wonder about the actual print run. For instance, 2006-07 ITG Shooting Gallery had an announced print run of 30 silver and 10 gold. Does that mean ITG printed at least 31, or did they find one card and now there are only 29 in the set? The card (1812/4000 for those keeping track) went on eBay for $98.00, but I just watched it roll by, as I have two or three other Hextall cards. I could have had it for that price, but, I already have it.

If ITG reprints, pulls from storage or acquires a card, puts in a slab with a label on top, does that make it a new card? To me, it seems like a rerun. I have about 1200 Ron Hextall cards, but I will be passing on the 20 “new” cards offered up by ITG. I am curious to what other folks think, especially those of us who, primarily, focus on one or two players.

I hope everyone had a Happy Christmas (Dickens language) and will have a prosperous New Year. It would also be neat if NHL hockey started up…

End of the rant, thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Happy holidays to you too there, sir! I'm done alllll my ranting about this product, I don't "need" any of them after all is said and done. I do have the Lindbergh art card if you're interested, it's sitting in its box, which is sitting on the floor beside a bookshelf :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got the Lindbergh too, but thanks fellow ranter.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was about to write a very similar thread about my PC guys - personally I'm moving all buyback cards from my "main" collection to my shoebox of oddball stuff like expo/promo cards. I'll pick them up if they come cheap enough purely for the novelty of it, but I don't really feel I "need" them.

It's hard for me to believe that when a company is inserting its own product from prior years that they bought 100% of the copies on the secondary market, and didn't just reach into their warehouse to clear out excess inventory that was perhaps intended as replacements for damaged cards... I've seen groups ranging from charities to plain-old scammers making after-market modifications to cards putting stickers or stamps on them to make them "1/1's", the only difference with buybacks is that the major manufacturers are the ones doing the after-market mods - of course in some cases (SP Authentic 04-05), UD didn't even bother doing anything to the original rookie cards they bought back (no stamp, no sticker, no auto, nothing), they just stuck a separate certificate into the pack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

From a PC standpoint, maybe one or two if the price is right, but if you have them, no one would say anything against you not having them.

BANNED

Country
    See jp999's Items on eBay

People have lost their marbles if they are buying those cards for their PC.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See plindbergh31's Items on eBay

Lol I bought the buyback Shooting Gallery for $98 bucks...I just look at it as another piece of Parent, Lindbergh, and Hextall memorabilia stashed away in my PC....who cares what the print run is...its nice to land a 1/1 but im more about putting another piece away to add to my collection of the goalies I love

SCF Rewards
    Country

But my question remains plindbergh31, do you have a 1/1, a 1/30, a 1/29, or an "extra" print? I have the same card from the original year, just not slabbed years later. I am glad the card did wind up with an avid collector of a Flyer great.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See plindbergh31's Items on eBay

Yeah, I agree...I did wonder exactly whether its a 1/1, if there are 29 other copies in the print run etc?? Good point

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Yeah, I agree...I did wonder exactly whether its a 1/1, if there are 29 other copies in the print run etc?? Good point

I do believe that The Man In Charge originally stated these WERE NOT 1/1s, they're simply Buybacks, whether that means they were bought back or came out of the warehouse overstock or whatever. They're not marked as 1/1's on the slab, so to me they're just the original card. In a slab. If you had the original before, there's not much point in getting a 2nd one eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast