Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

Looking at Buying a Box

So the fiance and I will be heading home from Canada this coming Friday, we wanted to get a box for us to hopefully have there once we get home. We are looking at spending about $80 (At most would prefer less) so not a really great box but I have seen quite a few deals recently. So I was wondering if you guys would like to see what you guys think, I'll list which boxes we were considering. We want a fun break, (Wouldn't mind a decent amount of packs since we don't get to break often but not necessary as you'll see in one example)
    Not interested in any 12/13 products. We just don't find them interesting

11/12Rookie Anthology- $64.45
    10/11Luxury Suite- $69 (Our first break, pulled a 1/1 of Vanek so we have a soft spot and we loved breaking it)
    11/12 Contenders (With Rookies and Traded and Blaster of Zenith. Promo on DA) $59
    11/12 Certified- $74
    11/12 Pinnacle- $34 (2010/11 Upper Deck Series 1 Hockey 12-Pack Box * Bonus Mystery Hockey Autograph or Memorabilia) (Potentially would buy 2 of this one)
    10/11 Don Russ- $29 (Really would only want this for the potential to get a Justin Bieber Fans of the Game since I'ma pretty big Bieber fan)
    10/11 Victory- $10

Was thinking about doing something like Pinnacle+DonRuss+Victory but not really overly sure what to do. We loved Luxury Suite but we're unsure. What do you think?

I was thinking for $73 we could get 11/12 Pinnacle, 10/11 Don Russ, 10/11 Victory, 10/11 Upper Deck Series 1 12 pack box, and a bonus mystery box. Thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would go with Contenders if I were you.

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

Ok so we just put up a potential order up just to check and I like it, not high end cards but A LOT of them which is going to be fun and we could use the inserts big time

11/12 Pinnacle Hobby Box
    10/11 Don Russ Hobby Box
    10/11 Victory Hobby Box
    10/11 Upper Deck Series 1 Blaster
    10/11 Upper Deck Ice Trap Pack (2 packs) (We needed .15c to push us over the 75 limit to get a free gift)
    11/12 Victory 9 packs

ALL For $81 WITH Shipping included

Think it'd be a fun break for someone who doesn't get to break very often?

We've cracked 5 boxes in a year. Only 2 of which were higher end products. Luxury Suite and Titanium (Which Titanium was brutal) then we cracked 10/11 Pinnacle, and 2 boxes of Score. So with about 100 packs to open I think it'd be quite fun myself

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

It's fun, but can be tiresome after awhile. Donruss and Pinnacle have GU/Auto hits, so they should help vary it up enough. I'd have checked out Zenith if I were you, it's another one of those mix products with some good variety between low and high end.

BANNED

Country

I wouldn't even consider victory. I would sub it a donruss or even a score.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's my analysis of the products you have offered in terms of top 3...

Most Fun:

1. Luxury Suite
    2. Contenders
    3. Anthology

Most Value Returned:

1. Contenders
    2. Certified
    3. Anthology

In terms of the lower end products, see what money you have left and buy whatever you can. I think in terms of the lower end products, this is the order I would pick the products in Pinnacle, Donruss, Victory but I don't suggest getting Victory at all.