Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

that's awful with the story, get that too in ROC.
    off topic, but how's DiceK been pitching and health wise?

SCF Rewards
    Country

that's awful with the story, get that too in ROC.
    off topic, but how's DiceK been pitching and health wise?

He's been pitching pretty well...giving up quite a few hits, but not giving up many earned runs. Seems like he's fully recovered.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Any word on a possible call up?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Any word on a possible call up?

Highly unlikely since they have plenty of starting pitching depth and he's not on the 40 man roster.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How about signing lately?

SCF Rewards
    Country

How about signing lately?

Clippers haven't been home in two weeks, so I haven't been down to a game there in a solid month.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok, we'll keep me posted on him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Made my first ever trip to Fifth Third Field in Toledo to see the Buffalo Bison play the Mud Hens; mostly went just to see and enjoy a new ballpark, but snagged a few autos along the way!

Mike Nickeas 1/1 Team 8x10 Logo Sheet
    Tommy Hottovy 1/1 Team 8x10 Logo Sheet
    Brad Lincoln 2/2 Cards
    Joel Carreno 1/1 Card
    JA Happ 1/3 Cards (Rehab)
    Munenori Kawasaki 1/1 8x10

Pretty awesome for a half-hearted, short attempt at 'graphing today! I was psyched to get Kawasaki because he's just so much fun to watch. Every time he threw a ball into the stands, he would bow to whoever he threw it to. Very awesome guy! JA Happ seems to be recovering well from the skull fracture and should be back in the Bigs soon.

On another note, the Toledo ballpark is awesome; had a great experience there and would recommend it to anyone in the area. Just sucks for postgame autograph seeking! Had a great time, though.

Also scanned are the Carlos Moncrief from Saturday night and an Alex Rios from Dan.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Had a blast in Columbus tonight when I went to see the Louisville Bats again. Had low expectations after the last time I did them and they were TERRIBLE, but they came through for me today! Started off great when I won tickets from Clippers third baseman Justin Toole and went from there...here's what I got:

Yohan Pino 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Josh Ravin 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Felix Perez 1/1 Team Logo 8x10 (wow! What a signature!)
    Kanekoa Texeira 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Emmanuel Burriss 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Mike Hessman 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Kristopher Negron 1/1 Team Logo 8x10 (funny guy)
    Pedro Villarreal 1/1 Team Logo 8x10 (weird signer)
    Jason Donald 6/6 Cards (yes, six...deal with it; great guy. Two 2012 Topps, only scanned one)
    Henry Rodriguez 1/1 Card
    Daniel Corcino 2/2 Cards
    Billy Hamilton 1/1 8x10
    Ryan Ludwick 1/2 Card!

All-in-all, a great night! Another Hamilton, two Corcinos (who I really wanted), lots of new sigs, and best of all, rehabbing All-Star Ryan Ludwick! Ludwick only signed about half a dozen, so I was lucky to get him...same with Hamilton. Good timing, eh? Also checked out the team shop and found a game-used bat of one of my favorite Clippers of all-time, Jared Goedert, for a pretty cool price. Definitely a great time!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Last night, I went to what will probably be my last Minor League Baseball game of the season to see the Norfolk Tides play down in Columbus against the Clippers. Before the game, there was supposed to be a fantasy camp signing with Fergie Jenkins, Gaylord Perry, Bert Campaneris, Joe Charboneau, and Len Barker. Well, Perry cancelled (again) and they replaced him with Lee May and Tommy Helm. Meh. I went through the line once with my dad, then went and did Norfolk pregame, then stayed postgame in the parking lot...

Fergie Jenkins 2/2 ROMLB, Card
    Len Barker 2/2 5x7s
    Bert Campaneris 2/2 Cards (loved them)
    Joe Charboneau 2/2 Cards
    Tommy Helm 1/1 Autograph Card
    Lee May 1/1 Autograph Card
    Tim Alderson 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Henry Urrutia 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Xavier Avery 1/1 Card (awful signature)
    Jonathan Schoop 1/3 Card
    Mark Hendrickson 1/1 Card
    Jairo Asencio 2/2 Cards (interesting character)
    Roberto Perez 1/1 Card
    Trevor Bauer 1/1 Card :)!
    Kevin Gausman 1/2 8x10, 1/1 8x10

There was a huge crowd and the Norfolk guys just weren't signing. Valencia, Liddi, Dickerson, Garcia, Britton, Thames, Navarro...just wouldn't do it. Wouldn't do it before/after warm-ups, wouldn't do it after the game. Even Gausman, who usually signs a ton, only signed one a piece (got the second done by a friend who had already gotten all his Gausman stuff signed before the game). Bauer only signed because his girlfriend was there; when we approached him, he gave us a "good lord, where do you all come from?" so it's a good thing his lady was there. While I'm at it, too, need to get a shout-out to berman74 here; great guy!

The retired guys, on the other hand, couldn't have been cooler. Bert Campaneris seemed to love looking at my World Series cards and told me about how he did in each game; that was AWESOME. Len Barker really enjoyed my photos from his perfect game and Super Joe Charboneau was just nice as always.

All-in-all, had a great time with my dad at probably the last Clippers game of the year, got at least one top prospect and a Hall of Famer, and have some awesome memories. Disappointed that, in all likelihood, I'm gone getting MiLB autographs until next year, though!
    Last edited by lambeauleap87; 08-18-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast