Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sportscaster hit in the face with hockey puck continues reporting with nose bleeding

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ming-nose.html

Sportscaster John Giannone was pelted in the face with a hockey puck Thursday evening, but that didn't stop him from appearing on live broadcast while blood still streamed from his nose.

Giannone, the rink-side reporter for New York Rangers broadcasts, took the puck to his face during the Rangers-Islanders game at Madison Square Garden.

The incident was caught on live broadcast but even in slow motion, it was hard to see the moment of impact because the puck moved so fast.

The Rangers' Marc Staal had floated the puck toward the box from where Giannone was reporting and it caught him on the bridge of his nose.

Giannone could be seen grabbing his face after the puck hit him and moments later, the camera cut to him for an update on his condition.

'It’s all good,” Giannone said with blood streaming from the bridge of his nose and into his mouth. 'Marc Staal came over and apologized.'

'He's a gamer,' fellow sportscaster Sam Rosen said of Giannone.

The Rangers' trainer patched him up while he spoke.

'It looked bad when I hit him. He’ll look like one of us tomorrow,' Staal said. 'I felt bad. It was a rolling puck and as soon as I let it go, I could see him not even looking. He’s lucky it was a backhand.'

Coincidentally, the Islanders' coach Jack Capuano was hit by a puck last week and needed five stitches as a result.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Jaso1199's Items on eBay

What a trooper, he kept on broadcasting with blood streaming into his mouth.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Guess the reported had some Hockey in him, took the puck like a champ and just kept on going