Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Again, I'll point to the Empire shooter.
    Where was his due process? Where was the outrage at the 9 innocents wounded?

There was none. But a guy who wants you and all of your fellow countrymen to convert or die (preferably die) should get a fair trial and we should be outraged at any collateral damage in HIS case.

Face it, the Empire shooter was killed because he was deemed a threat based on previous actions. These guys are no different except for being much, much more dangerous than the Empire shooter could have ever hoped toi be.

But he doesn't get a trial while the TERRORIST does. Nice.

If there is a confrontation and a suspect is deemed a deadly threat to the police or innocent lives, then obviously I have no issue with using lethal force to subdue him.

But what we have here is a use of a highly specialized military weapon being used on Americans who at the moment they are killed are NOT a deadly threat to anyone and to make things even WORST.....sometimes these attacks are made at INNOCENT lives!

Almost 900 civilians have been estimated to be KILLED (including 176 Children) using drones!

Can you imagine going to a restaurant when suddenly without any notice a huge explosion and there are bodies on the floor (including kids)....

OH...but THANK GOD we got the guy that didn't pose any imminent threat!

That was totally worth it....

To HELL with Habeas Corpus!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's a lovely scenario:

A Russian "terrorist" has fled to the U.S.

Russia now considers him an "enemy" and decides to use drones to kill him while he's inside the U.S.

They use a "Signature strike" to get him.....OOPS....they accidentally kill two American civilians.....including a child!

Russia says...."Hey, this is WAR!.....Casualties are bound to happen, our bad"!

I wonder if Americans will simply look the other way?

I wonder how Americans would feel if they had drones flying on top of their heads where they could strike at any moment!

I simply can't believe how you can justify this use.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Dorner has shot 2 cops today.

I believe they have, or are in the process of giving him an ultimatum. Armour now on the scene.

Good Grief ........Give him an hour to surrender, then mortar the beejeezus out of the cabin.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If there is a confrontation and a suspect is deemed a deadly threat to the police or innocent lives, then obviously I have no issue with using lethal force to subdue him.

But what we have here is a use of a highly specialized military weapon being used on Americans who at the moment they are killed are NOT a deadly threat to anyone and to make things even WORST.....sometimes these attacks are made at INNOCENT lives!

Pardon me? People like that are a threat at ANY time. They don't just work with guns, they work with ideals. They are always a threat to everyone in America. They are your enemy. We now can guess that the Empire shooter was finished for the day and didn't need to be shot. We don't know, but we have a good idea.

Almost 900 civilians have been estimated to be KILLED (including 176 Children) using drones!

And one is too many. I agree. I also think 1 innocent person shot by the police, dead or not, is too many. You seem to be okay with it.

Can you imagine going to a restaurant when suddenly without any notice a huge explosion and there are bodies on the floor (including kids)....

Yes, it would really suck to be sitting there, minding my own business in a free country and someone who I've never met but hates me walks in and blows himself up.

OH...but THANK GOD we got the guy that didn't pose any imminent threat!

He is an imminent threat at all times.

That was totally worth it....
    To HELL with Habeas Corpus!

That's right! Chasing a guy down the street and firing willy-nilly into the air injuring nine innocent people is perfectly acceptable, but killing enemies of the state is not. I now understand your views. You only deserve a trial if you're an American abroad.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

One Cop now that was shot today, has died.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's right! Chasing a guy down the street and firing willy-nilly into the air injuring nine innocent people is perfectly acceptable, but killing enemies of the state is not. I now understand your views. You only deserve a trial if you're an American abroad.

My views are pretty simple.

Follow the constitution.

Don't violate international law.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

My views are pretty simple.

Follow the constitution.

Don't violate international law.

And give trials to terrorists but not to people who kill one person, yes. I get it.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Alex, you are going to have to come up with a better "scenario". Comparing a country like the US to a lawless region in the Middle East is not fair. If Russia wanted to seize a Russian citizen and try him, he would most likely get some sort of diplomatic cooperation. That is the key difference with drone strikes; they are used because they are the safest way to achieve a goal. Due process is usually not an option in a lawless land where most of these strikes take place.

Here's a lovely scenario:

A Russian "terrorist" has fled to the U.S.

Russia now considers him an "enemy" and decides to use drones to kill him while he's inside the U.S.

They use a "Signature strike" to get him.....OOPS....they accidentally kill two American civilians.....including a child!

Russia says...."Hey, this is WAR!.....Casualties are bound to happen, our bad"!

I wonder if Americans will simply look the other way?

I wonder how Americans would feel if they had drones flying on top of their heads where they could strike at any moment!

I simply can't believe how you can justify this use.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vivchuleta's Items on eBay

Follow the constitution?? Obey the Bible?? No one does either. How is using a drone Fair?? How would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot. Where another country has the power?? Where were the drones during Bengazi?? Who should have that ultimate power???Who has all the answers???

SCF Rewards
    Country

And give trials to terrorists but not to people who kill one person, yes. I get it.

When did I say not to give trials to people who kill one person?

I'm in favor of giving a trial to anyone that is apprehended.

Alex, you are going to have to come up with a better "scenario". Comparing a country like the US to a lawless region in the Middle East is not fair. If Russia wanted to seize a Russian citizen and try him, he would most likely get some sort of diplomatic cooperation. That is the key difference with drone strikes; they are used because they are the safest way to achieve a goal. Due process is usually not an option in a lawless land where most of these strikes take place.

Lawless or not, it should NOT be up to the U.S to go in there and bomb and kill people at will.

Do you see Canada doing that?

Does Europe do these aggressive tactics?

So, because this a lawless country, we have the right to bomb and kill their innocent citizens?

The U.S is in the wrong here.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast