Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Which is the bigger sin in God's eyes?

Voters
16. This poll is closed
  • Having an abortion

4 25.00%
  • Committing a homosexual act

1 6.25%
  • Both are equal in God's eyes

4 25.00%
  • Neither

8 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Alex, you're saying sex within a marriage is lu™™™™l.
    Get married, you'll soon find out it comes closer to tedious (kidding)
    I don't see sexual desire the same as lust. As for drinking, it doesn't matter, it's possible, that was my only assertion.
    I think your mistake is equating lust with sexual desire. They are not the same thing. Sexual desire is a want to procreate, sexual desire is part of romantic love.
    Lust is wanting the feel good and nothing more.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

rowdy, I respect your views, but I must say you are stretching it here a bit. even though I personally believe in the whole Jesus is God, God is Jesus, and the Holy Spirit is another aspect of Them, so you could say this is the trinity. But whether use used whatever part of the bible it could be easily argued this is not the case, and their is no trinity. Mark 1. is a good place to start.

I also agree that Paul and Peter were no doubt Baptized of the Spirit and wrote a whole bunch of stuff. But I do also believe they were men and though we all come from God and our part of God, that does not mean whatever they write is from God. I also believe that no matter how close they were to God or Jesus or They are the same or Whomever, they were still men who struggled in their own beliefs, shortcomings, and hardships.

of course we can argue that the NT was never mentioned by (for argument sake) the Trinity, and what we know as the NT today was put together by man, under Roman rule, nearly 300 years after Jesus died, and around 260 years after Paul died. books were burned, people banished, and this was not even the first NT, which was quite different than the one we know today.

and if you wanted to get technical, you could be blessed by the Holy Spirit, and we are all the temple of God, so does that mean everything you or I write is actually God writing it?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex, you're saying sex within a marriage is lu™™™™l.

I'm saying it COULD and a lot of times is lu™™™™l.

The difference between love and lust in sex is very thin.

I would like to be more descriptive here, but that would require me to explain in graphic detail of what I mean by this, and I'm guessing the rules won't allow that.....and regardless how I feel about the rules in this forum, I must abide by them.

Never!

I like my illicit exploits.

Seriously though....I've never thought about it.

I don't see sexual desire the same as lust.

I think your analogy was a very good one.

Sexual desire and lust is equivalent to drinking and getting drunk.

One will eventually lead to the other.

Not always, but it's inevitable.

The scary thing is, many times, one does not realize when he/she has crossed the line.

Lust is wanting the feel good and nothing more.

I think it's more than that, but I understand what you're saying.

Either way, the whole point of this argument is that many christians do in fact indulge in lust within their marriage.

They (according to the bible and the passages I posted) are sinning.....these rules may be strict, and they may not like it, but when one commits to christianity they are also committing to the bible and it's rules.

This is a logical conclusion.

Therefore, it is in fact hypocritical of SOME christians to point fingers at others, when they are engaging in the exact same sin they are accusing others of.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

They are not sinning because the bible says the marriage bed cannot be defiled.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

The Bible on sex:

“Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food”—and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. - 1st Corinthians 6:13

"Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality," -Galatians 5:19

"Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul." - 1st Peter 2:11

"Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous." -Hebrews 13:4
    What that means is that if a man and a woman are married the bed is undifiled and the both of them can do whatever they like as long as each of them consent to it. Per the bible on a married man and woman can have sex without sin. All other combinations are a sin in God's eyes. Again not judging anyone just explaining what the verse means.

^It's all here folks....

Response in bold.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

I completely disagree. The rules the Church puts out are suggestions to our best interest. It isn't a sin to have premarital sex, the church speaks against it due to the consequences it could cause.
    The only rules that have been looked at as definite rules are the 10 commandments which became fulfilled by the Beatitudes. The beatitudes aren't necessarily rules but goals to strive for. The commandments are pretty much basic things. Don't steal, don't kill, don't commit adultery, etc. Catholics have a different view on going to church every Sunday. I'd also like to throw in the biggest difference between Catholics and Protestants: Catholics believe that even if you've done good in your life and you havnt believed in God you're saved. Protestants don't believe this. Basically Protestants believe Ghandi won't be joining them but, who was the mass murderer psychopath that converted? I believe it's Charles Manson. He will be going to Heaven with them but someone like Ghandi won't.

Wow, didn't know that. I learn something new every day on here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wait, wait, wait...

According to the christian religion, is it not a sin to even have sex unless it's for procreation?

So if having recreational sex is a sin....are you guys not purposely sinning?

This might seem strict and unfair, but that's basically what christians tell homosexuals....

You are not allowed to have ANY sex whatsoever because it's a sin.

But at the same time you guys are ignoring your own rules!.....You are NOT allowed to have ANY sex unless it's for procreation purposes.

I would love to see the verse in the Bible that says such. Can you please quote it?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Catholics believe that even if you've done good in your life and you havnt believed in God you're saved. Protestants don't believe this

this is not true, many believe that their prayer, alms, and good deeds can save a loved one who doesn't believe.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The only thing protestants believe is that they hate catholics, of that they are certain.

SCF Rewards
    Country

really?
    that is strange I have family, a mentor, and good friends who are Catholic, I may not like what the Catholic church has done, but most Catholics have nothing to do with this.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast