Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    Well Rowdy G. That's nice of ya & its June 32nd I tell people that cause my B-Date is cursed. *lol* kidding but not about the curse its in 12 days on the 10th. I just wonder if the other 3 will give me any presents.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looks like to me they're planning on getting you a tattoo. ;)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    I don't think a tattoo is what they have in mind for me. Besides they know in not to even try to get me one.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    With less than 2 months away 59 days to be exact Yanfan71 any news on the shirts. Just don't forget if they arrive we like to see them on here. I just also hope that ya don't pull a Bseballcommish75 blunder & arrive just less then 24hrs of when needed cause Loqtus can contest I was 1 nervous nut-job prior last year when I had shirts made up for SCF & yes I'll be wearing that shirt my fellow SCFers on Opening night so I can be spotted & stay tuned to this thread as well the main thread to see what I have planned the other days so ya can say hello. I wonder how Spuds1961 doing in getting his van cleaned out oh great now I have that Ted Foley inspiritual motovational image in my head of seeing "A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!!!" Curse you Chris Farley in planting that van scene in my head but timeless classic. Well 59 days to go I'm not ready to show my certificate yet that states I'm insane until sometime later this month.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

No word on the shirts as of yet!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    With 56 days remaining everyone thinks that's a # countdown I'm more concerned about. Not true the main 1 is my work version I'm down to 3 days on that & the school year can't finish any sooner. Yesterday the kids where I work at if ya call it an Elementary school (grades 4-6). Had their field day an event to showcase their athletical skills oh dear lord where to begin on this woeful disbelief. The kids are all in the 6th grade here. The 1st event they had weave through 2 cones or noodles(long tubes used for swimming) carrying a football touch a cone & weave back to hand the football no farther than 5 yrds. Simple *buzzer sounds* too hard too far to run if your in the 6th grade they couldn't even weave right. Half the time the girls baby stepped to the cone & the boys who liked playing football normally in an open field thought the distance was too far. Give me a break how the Fluggoberries is it too far & complicated is beyond me. Wait this gets better the 2nd events out of 6 in all is a sack race feet into potato sack jump to the cone now set at 3 yrds away the bag has handles on the side touch cone come back same way. 1 girl doesn't even get into sack complains she can't jump into a sack even though she's a jumproper usually so instead she just walks with the bag sliding it across the field next to her & then walks 1 step says its too hard & quits. Event 3 cone is 2 yrds away now this time its a duck relay run to ducks grab 1 run back place it into the empty bin again a boy claims the distance is too long & just walks 2 steps then figures thats how far he wants to run. Then comes event 4 relay race run 1 yrd jump a 1 inch cone touch another come back same thing they couldn't even do that too far still & the orange cone wasn't the orange to them it was megaphone to pick up & talk in it or wear like a hat. Event 5 standing long jump stand in 1 place then see how far ya can jump. The girl who didn't do the sack race complained it was too difficult to jump cause the distance would fracture her eyes. Last event baton relay run 1 yrd touch cone in a straight line run back while holding a baton can't do it why um......the girls thought the hippopotamuses at the school(funny thing we don't have any there) would eat them. The boys thought too hard to run 1 step in fear a girl would kiss them. Over field day was just eye-rolling I later asked 1 kid would he rather do this or learn history only if the history pertained in how to make paper footballs was his response. As I gear up for the 1st of 3 days left I tell ya counting the days of the National is the only thing preventing me from going crazy after dealing with these kids all school year. Sorry for the long read on this one I just needed to rant cause it helped me showcase what I deal with even though my other colleagues think just working 1 1/2 hrs a day at a school isn't a stressful job.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    Last day of work for me can I get a LET THE NAT BEGIN!!!!!! *lol* believe me 54 days can now gradually flow but not to slow. Anyways I am begining to wonder who will be on the bumps when we go to our game plus if he's still up & playing the phenom for the Dodgers. As for pitchers I would like to see Jeff Samardzija take on Zach Grenike but who to say eh!!! Well time to gear up & make my trek of 6.15 mile journey to work this last day of the school year I can't wait for it *insert Ken 'Hawk' Harrelson's voice* to be over!!!!!!!
    Last edited by BSEBALLCOMMISH75; 06-10-2013 at 10:05 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    HAPPY B-DAY TO ME!!!!!!!! I'm 38 Oh man I feel it today already *lol* no I'm not hung over yet!!!!! Just basically my back gave a lil spasm while moving 17 5000ct. Boxes just to locate some singles for a possible trade. Anyways just 50 days remain til the show getting more & more looking at my wantlists man I hope I can knock a lot off it. Also I noticed my colleagues again are dragging their feet in posting here or not many viewers of our journey are posting if ya want to have me check things at the Nat ask me I'll see what I can do oh Yazfan71 ya excused from lagging cause of your doctor note Spuds1961 I'm hoping for great drinkfest on National Eve night *lol* as for loqtus well your going to hop at least 4 on the day you land here. Well HAPPY B-DAY TO ME AGAIN!!!!!! 38 yrs hard to believe. Thanks for reading.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Greetings:
    HAPPY B-DAY TO ME!!!!!!!! I'm 38 Oh man I feel it today already *lol* no I'm not hung over yet!!!!! Just basically my back gave a lil spasm while moving 17 5000ct. Boxes just to locate some singles for a possible trade. Anyways just 50 days remain til the show getting more & more looking at my wantlists man I hope I can knock a lot off it. Also I noticed my colleagues again are dragging their feet in posting here or not many viewers of our journey are posting if ya want to have me check things at the Nat ask me I'll see what I can do oh Yazfan71 ya excused from lagging cause of your doctor note Spuds1961 I'm hoping for great drinkfest on National Eve night *lol* as for loqtus well your going to hop at least 4 on the day you land here. Well HAPPY B-DAY TO ME AGAIN!!!!!! 38 yrs hard to believe. Thanks for reading.

Well Commish, I hope that you had a great birthday! Sorry for not being very active on here lately. I don't know what it is with the women in my family but they all seem to have a hard time staying out of the hospital & doctors office. We did get some good news today that my oldest daughter should be getting out of the hospital on Wednesday as long as she continues to improve. She is at least able to hear better out of her one ear & isn't in quite as much pain. The baby is also doing fine throughout this ordeal. Only bad part is that she won't be out for her son's birthday which is tomorrow. Little guy turns 3! Now if only our gas prices would go back down below $4.20 a gallon, maybe I could try & start saving some money back up for the National as my savings are now completely drained! I may end up just window shopping this year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See qaplagca's Items on eBay

Happy Birthday commish, and as you commented to me, also to Kate Upton. Sorry Commish, we'd rather see her birthday suit than yours.

But I'll refrain from off-color discussions, since it is the celebration of His Hobby Holiness. Click for bigger image.

StuartAsPope.jpg

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast