Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exclamation Alabama man catches state record 70 pound striped bass

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/excur...-record-books/

An Alabama resident has reeled in a 70-pound striped bass that shattered a 54-year-old state record and could land the angler in the book of world records for the heaviest striper ever caught in a landlocked fishery.

James R. Bramlett, 65, reeled in the behemoth on the Black Warrior River on Feb. 28.

Bramlett told Joe Songer of AL.com that he credits his wife, Janice, for urging him to go fishing. She was scheduled to undergo a hospital procedure in a few days and would need him to be around and take care of her.

The catch, weighed on a certified scale, exceeds the previous record, set in 1959, by 15 pounds. (Bramlett and his catch are pictured at right.)

“It’s definitely uncommon,” Heath Haley, a biologist for Alabama Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Division, told Field & Stream. “This fish certainly, in my opinion, was an anomaly. It’s a very fat, chunky fish.

“The previous record being 55 pounds, the fact that it hasn’t been broken since the 1950s, it’s just incredible that not only he broke it, but he shattered it. You just don’t see them that big that often.”

The striper measured 45.5 inches long and boasted a girth of 37.75.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

dang, that's a big fish, I love fishing and I would give about anything (accept my vintage baseball cards) to catch one that big!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is awesome.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is crazy, biggest one I've caught was 14 lbs here in KY, didn't catch much last year, I think it was because the crazy hot weather, but already got a great start on this year!!

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

That's beyond ginormous. Holy mackerel !!

Holy Bass !!