Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Beckett's grading team is fairly tough, but usually not overly so. Most people think more of a Beckett 9.5 than they do of a 10 from other graders.

As RGM said, refer to their website for pricing. There's a number of different options depending on what you want and what kind of turn around time.

As far as increasing value is concerned, it does usually apply more to true RCs and vintage, since a low print run card is typically a "whatever someone will pay for it" kind of situation to begin with. However, I would also argue that if you have a high grade on a low print run card, you can command a premium for it IF you can find the other cards in the print. Not necessarily own them, but if you can prove to someone that your 9.5 is the best of those 10 cards, then you might get more for it. Far more important is that you would be assured that there would be no 'accident' that would damage a rare card like that.

Is it worth it. I've been considering that question myself recently for a pair of /5s I own. If you were considering this for the sole purpose of selling the card, I would probably say no. As a PC item though, it's a very good consideration if you want to pay for it.

I checked out there site but couldn't get a final price...I'm thinking as long as it's 10-25$ I might do it. Very true as well, I cant find another one of these anywhere and i've looked alot. Yeah that's the other thing. I would love knowing it would stay in that, hopefully high grade as long as I have it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

First I never grade my cards for my collection. The reason is simple, I have been collecting for 44 years and never sold one PC unless I had a double. So grading only would take money out of my pocket since I never sell them. Probably will be buried in them os sell them when I am too old to keep collecting. But to me preserve the current condition is what is most important to me. Most who grade cards, do it because they want to sell them and yes a few still see collecting as a investement and will grade their best cards. But I don;t see collecting as a investement. More a big spending hobby if I llok at all I have spend in 44 years.

But grading a card out of /10 is not worth it if we speak of value. May help sell it, may sell it for a premium but will the poremium be more then you total cost to have it grading. I am with the other that it should stay for RC and vintage.

I know I bought only one graded card and for good reason, I wanted a OPC Ken dryden rookie and got a PSA 8, so I am please with this buy. But most of the time I do not buy graded cards. In a way if you ask a premium you may also loose potential customer like me who simply will not pay a premium to have a graded card. So I would stick to RC and vintage only as then for certain card in can really be worth. I paid double BV for my PSA 8 OPD dryden RC. so this was worth grading that one card since it brought a 300$ premium.

I'm the same way...in the couple of years i've collected Gagner I have never traded or sold one of my cards of him. Not even a double. Unlike alot of other collectors i'm fine with getting 3,4 or 5 of say a 299 print run. Same with my Richards PC, and it's worked out good because I have 2/8 3/8 and 4/8 of Richards Artifacts jersey, patch and auto.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You're the only one that can answer the question "is it worth it?" to grade the card.

I'll give you a different viewpoint from that expressed by "Estovia" above.

If it's going to remain in your PC, then I wouldn't see the use of grading it for resale purposes. It's scarce and already a source of pride in your PC. On the other hand, if you enjoy graded cards and would appreciate the card more in your PC if it commanded a BGS 9.5 grade, then go for it. BUT, beware the old adage: "be careful what you wish for": you may be sorely disappointed with the card if it was to grade (heaven forbid) a BGS 8.5 and that might sour your attitude towards it. I mention this because the only time I had some cards graded was about 15 years ago and I was convinced they'd grade 9.5 or even better (what an optimist)! I certainly felt stupid when they all came back and the best grade was only 9.0. There's one fellow I used to see for many years at card shows and he bought and BGS graded cards for resale purposes. He'd study each card minutely with a magnifying glass to consider its surface, edging, corners, etc...before even considering buying/grading it, since he'd learned to be extremely particular about the smallest detail on each card to better ensure he'd get a BGS 9.5 rating.

On the other hand, if you're planning to eventually part with the card and hope to score big on a resale to another Gagne collector, that might be more reason to have it graded.

Hope this helps you out and good luck with your decision and achieving a BGS 9.5 if that's the route you choose to go.

Haha yeah that's what i'm scared of...If I knew for sure it would grade a 9.5-10 I would do it in a flash. But if it did come back a 8.5, boy I would be dissapointed. I knew a guy just like that. He was about 75 and had terrible eyesight so I thought no way his cards would come back as good as he thought. He spent like an hour on each card and if it to his standards he would ship them out. Funny thing is I never saw him get less than a 9.5...LOL, I should see if he's still around to check my card out..

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bump

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I would not grade that card because this player has no even achieve Star status. The card is marginally priced with or without grading. Gagner is simply not a a Star, to no real intrinsic increase in value will ever apply.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Tim, Gagner's market has risen this season hes been playing awesome from beginning to present, if anytime is worth it now is the time, especially if he continues this play into next season. This card scoops a 9.5 it will increase the value, there are ALOT of Oilers collectors out there

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think how well Gagner has played this year has really been shadowed by Hall, Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins. With the huge amount of star players on the oilers I dont think he get's all the credit he deserves. With saying that I would also still say he is a "Star". I dont think he has, or really will achieve "superstar" status say like Hall, Ebs or Nuge, but his play this season has been great. Alot of Oilers collectors and a decent amount of Gagner collectors out there... I would say sometimes the team has more to do with value then the player and alot of people collect oilers.

I would not grade that card because this player has no even achieve Star status. The card is marginally priced with or without grading. Gagner is simply not a a Star, to no real intrinsic increase in value will ever apply.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I see it the same way...Kinda like when he had his 8 point night. His YG's were going for 4-8 on ebay, then I saw a couple up to 15-20 after that game. Even now they average 8-13

Tim, Gagner's market has risen this season hes been playing awesome from beginning to present, if anytime is worth it now is the time, especially if he continues this play into next season. This card scoops a 9.5 it will increase the value, there are ALOT of Oilers collectors out there

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

oh man within the 2 hours after his 8pt night, everything he owned on ebay sold at the BIN price, it was insane, I threw up two and sold them both at 15$ + ship, but everything, Cup RCs, etc were all selling immediately

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know it was crazy!! I was considering putting some of mine up Lol jk but yeah I know things were like 5x regluar!!

oh man within the 2 hours after his 8pt night, everything he owned on ebay sold at the BIN price, it was insane, I threw up two and sold them both at 15$ + ship, but everything, Cup RCs, etc were all selling immediately

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast