Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy Here

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

New Guy Here

Hello All! I've been a lurker on this forum for quite a while now. Love reading the posts. Like many of you I had quite an extensive card collection growing up, but for the most part that is long gone now. I've recently decided to get back to collecting cards, but with more of a focus than I had as a child... favorite players/teams etc. I look forward to learning from many of you and discussing cards with many of you. I apologize in advance as I'm sure I will be asking many questions, if i cross a line, or get too annoying just let me know and I'll scale it back!

Anyway hello again, and I look forward to starting my collection anew and becoming a part of this forum!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome back to the hobby and to the site. BOL with your collection.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome! What teams/players do you collect? I collect 1960s and before players vintage GUsd and Autos. I also have a Mets PC. I just returned to the hobby a couple weeks ago myself and its been awesome seeing all the new cards that are around. My collection is still in the very early stages but there's a link to my bucket in my signature if you'd like to check out my cards!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Colorado Avalanche Detroit Lions Toronto Raptors
    See hudley19's Items on eBay

Hi Michael
    Welcome to SCF, glad to have you back in the love of the hobby :)
    If you have any questions feel free to message me anytime
    Zack

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See helmsbr's Items on eBay

hello

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Thank you all!

Now that I basically have to start over with my collection I'm "trying" to stay more focused... so FOR NOW My collection interests are:

All Chicago Bulls (Figure I'll start with base sets and go from there, but some of the inserts out there look so amazing, i expect to break that rule rather quickly! lol)
    Michael Jordan (As many as possible, as allowed by budget!)
    All Chicago Bears (Once again starting with base set and expanding, a bunch of beautiful inserts here too, so here's another rule that will soon be broken!)
    Nolan Ryan (Gotta respect the childhood hero!)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Hi Michael, welcome aboard!! I'm a hockey guy mainly, and you'd pretty much lost me with the basket-ball and the foot-ball, but then you pulled out the Nolan Ryan card, I loooooves him!! I was lucky enough to see his very last game at the Kingdome in Seattle way back when, I had to quit my job in order to go but it was worth it :) My Ryan PC is less than a hundred cards but one a them is a Beckett 5.5 RC, the icing on my baseball cake!

Good to meetcha sir!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Hey Michael, Welcome to SCF. Thanks for Joining!

Matthew.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome to the site.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New Orleans Saints
    See ChalkItUp21's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I was in a similar position. I started around 83-84 collecting and quit around 2004. I had gotten rid of almost all of my cards then. I just came back 2 years ago I my main focus was to have fun. I didn't want to get caught up in all the hype or monetary value of everything. So far it has been a good idea and a good learning experience for my kids. You are more than welcome to PM me any questions and I will answer them as soon as I can. Whatever you decide to collect or do. Just make sure it is fun.

Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast