Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I highly doubt this, marijuana may he with some medical issues, but it would not put the pharm companies out of business, not even close. it is no miracle drug.

Put them out of business, no. Severely cut their profit, especially in the pains killer market, you bet.
    He's bang on correct about who's against it and why. You are either uninformed or very trusting towards an industry with the motto " there's no money in the cure, only the medicine".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

yes, they should just give the stuff out for free, they haven't invested time and money into any of the medicines they come out with.

do you think bubba is making these in his garage?

just another conspiracy theory, marijuana cannot replace most pain meds, and the marijuana will not be free.

also who do you think will ultimatley own the marijuana industry, cheech and chong? more like J&J

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

yes, they should just give the stuff out for free, they haven't invested time and money into any of the medicines they come out with.

do you think bubba is making these in his garage?

just another conspiracy theory, marijuana cannot replace most pain meds, and the marijuana will not be free.

also who do you think will ultimatley own the marijuana industry, cheech and chong? more like J&J

Marijuana is an effective painkiller which is much safer, and cheaper to produce than traditional ones.
    If you seriously think Big Pharmacy isn't fighting against marijuana, I don't know, maybe you're just completely uninformed on the subject. I'm not fighting against them or saying they're "wrong". It's a simple fact that since they can't patent it, anyone can get into the medicinal marijuana game.

SCF Rewards
    Country

anyone can get into the medicinal marijuana game

agreed, but when you add marketing, advertising, taxation, licensing, and lobbying the little guy is not on equal grounds.

and you realize different pain killers work in different ways and are used for different purposes?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

agreed, but when you add marketing, advertising, taxation, licensing, and lobbying the little guy is not on equal grounds.

and you realize different pain killers work in different ways and are used for different purposes?

Yes I do realize that. I also realize that marijuana as medicine is still in its infancy. I also know that marijuana is great for minor pain (headaches, joints and such) and is useless for big pain (getting shot, say).
    I also know that, whether wanting medicinal or outright legal marijuana, people also want to grow their own.
    Now if you're allowed to relatively cheaply grown and harvest your own headache medicine, how likely are you to go but Tylenol?
    You keep mentioning Big Phwrm going out of business. If you're looking at it that way, yes what I'm saying seems ridiculous. My guess is that's why you're looking at it that way.
    Legal/medicinal marijuana cuts into their profits. In big business, growth of profits is the only acceptable thing there is. It won't shut them down (that's twice now, so get off that) but it will cut their profits enough the shareholders will do anything to stop it.
    If they could figure out how to patent it, it'd be legal in a week.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

When marijuana is purchased for medicinal use, it is not always smoked. 1/4 of all marijuana prescriptions are not for smoking, they are for ingesting.

If you have lung cancer pain, the last thing you are going to be able to do is Spark-Up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

wickabee, sounds like I should smoke some.
    I will also be brave enough to guess if it does become legal everywhere and is popular for pain, then they will get in on it and make more off it than most will be able to.

I am no expert at all, in fact rather weak at my knowledge with marijuana and hemp. I thought hemp was maybe the unsmokable part of the plant, but your complaining got me to read a bit(imagine that) and I was surprised to find that at one time it was illegal NOT to grow hemp in Virginia, kind of weird.
    I also think that if it was a cheap replacement for cotton, other countries would be on board with it, but it only looks like hippies use hemp for anything. do you guys have a ton of hemp clothing and products for sale up their? if so, it is cheaper and better?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Hemp makes the strongest, cheapest furniture and almost as hard as bamboo. Hemp fibres make the most comfortable clothing in the World. It is truly a universal plant, and can be used in every application, industrial, home and garden, fashion, etc.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

wickabee, sounds like I should smoke some.
    I will also be brave enough to guess if it does become legal everywhere and is popular for pain, then they will get in on it and make more off it than most will be able to.

I am no expert at all, in fact rather weak at my knowledge with marijuana and hemp. I thought hemp was maybe the unsmokable part of the plant, but your complaining got me to read a bit(imagine that) and I was surprised to find that at one time it was illegal NOT to grow hemp in Virginia, kind of weird.
    I also think that if it was a cheap replacement for cotton, other countries would be on board with it, but it only looks like hippies use hemp for anything. do you guys have a ton of hemp clothing and products for sale up their? if so, it is cheaper and better?

Unfortunately hemp is still seen as you saw it before your reading about it. Most people think it is part of the plant or another drug related to it. Fact is smoking hemp makes you sick, not high.
    Because most people see it as such, it's still a big part of the legal marijuana-related industry. For example, I have 3 cats, one of which has sabreteeth and talons an eagle would be jealous of. Suffice it to say, catnip mice tend to last about 4 minutes before they're completely destroyed in my house. Someone told me to go to the local smoke shop to get catnip mice. They were more expensive than other stores, $2.99ea instead of 4 for $2 or whatever but HOLY CRAP. A 4pack will generally last less than a week. These catnip mice, made entirely of hemp, have lasted almost a year and, while they're pretty gross from 3 cats sucking on them, they're still in perfect shape otherwise.
    Being that it's a niche market at this point in time, prices are higher for a shirt than cotton. However, you pay $30-$40 for a shirt that has a life expectancy somewhere around 100 years, give or take a few depending how you treat it. Think about how many cotton shirts you've gone through in the last 5 years and you'll see how that's worth it.
    Because the hemp industry is mostly run by hippies, most hemp clothing I find is really quite ugly. It is head and shoulders a better product and would be cheaper if it was produced on the mass levels of cotton.

The best use for hemp, really, would be your army. Incredibly durable and can be used for clothing, tents, rope...think if your army had ope, tenting and fatigues that lasted 100 years. How much money could they have saved over the years?

Instead they made it illegal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123