Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

People who think gun laws will stop murder are probably the same people who think drug laws will stop drug use.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bottom line is simple claim foul on the NRA all you want. The truth? Hundreds of millions of guns on the streets already. You cant expect to make anything change by having a background check. The only thing it would do is make it harder for law abiding citizens to obtain firearms while criminals can purchase them on a street corner, like in Chicago.

None of the numbers are even on your sides. Shows how wrong you guys are everytime you blame republicans for your personal problems. The typical liberal is always just one MEGA bill away from having the perfect utopia.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bottom line is simple claim foul on the NRA all you want. The truth? Hundreds of millions of guns on the streets already. You cant expect to make anything change by having a background check. The only thing it would do is make it harder for law abiding citizens to obtain firearms while criminals can purchase them on a street corner, like in Chicago.

None of the numbers are even on your sides. Shows how wrong you guys are everytime you blame republicans for your personal problems. The typical liberal is always just one MEGA bill away from having the perfect utopia.

You're making too much sense, the liberals can't take it. Here is comes again...

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country

It makes 100% sense so they wont even address any of it. They will call me a child murderer or something and say more kids will die because of it. Never mind the prisons are over crowded and you can buy any gun on the street corner with no where to put them accept right back onto the streets with there guns while Im held up by red tape by Uncle Sam and the United Nations probably psychology exams and everything just short of banning every gun outright.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It makes 100% sense so they wont even address any of it. They will call me a child murderer or something and say more kids will die because of it. Never mind the prisons are over crowded and you can buy any gun on the street corner with no where to put them accept right back onto the streets with there guns while Im held up by red tape by Uncle Sam and the United Nations probably psychology exams and everything just short of banning every gun outright.

I guess I was barking up the wrong tree because the topic of the thread is about background checks. I fully support a background check for any weapon. If you want to visit a foreign country you have to wait on a passport. I see no problem for someone to wait for a permit to carry a gun. It may save a life or two for someone who in the heat of rage wants to purchase a weapon so in that sense it's a good thing.

These liberals don't understand that most any criminal can get their hands on an assault weapon inside of 5 minutes. The only ones that will be affected by a ban are law abiding citizens. Criminals could give a rats butt about a ban. To believe otherwise is foolish.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

The only ones that will be affected by a ban are law abiding citizens. Criminals could give a rats butt about a ban. To believe otherwise is foolish.

good post!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

my god I would hate to live my life as scared as you people....

I am not scared. I am just not ignorant to believe that the police will protect me. 99.9% of the time the police do nothing but show up in time to write a report while standing over your corpse. Dialing 9-1-1 is not a form of self defense.

OK - how about the other 3 polls that all said the same thing - strong support for universal background checks? Are you going to find some imaginary flaws in those too?

No. Just the same flaw. No data on how many were polled. Nothing imaginary about that.

Since you like banking everything on polls, how about this?

Poll conducted a week ago (not 4 months ago) shows that less than half of Americans support stronger gun control laws.
    http://www.pollingreport.com/guns.htm

Gallup poll shows that support for stricter gun laws has never been higher than 55% since 2004 (2nd bar graph). Further down you will see a poll where people were asked if they want to see gun laws more, strict, less strict or remain the same, only 38% said they want more strict. Below that is a poll where only 58% said they think laws covering the sale of guns should be more strict.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx

So you see, there is poll after poll after poll that proves the exact opposite of what the Quinnipac(sp?) poll shows. Sure, maybe based on emotion and without thinking it through some people said they support gun show background check, but that in no way means they feel that way now and makes any argument that not passing the background check bill was in conflict with what Americans want an invalid claim.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

I'm seeing a lot of "it won't fix everything so don't let it fix anything."

Nice work guys.

*cue everyone dressing it up as something actually noble*

It's not that. It won't fix anything. What they are proposing will change one thing. Instead of private individuals selling guns at gun shows they will sell them out of their homes. Tell me how that is going to make anything better. If you want to make something better prosecute felons who try to buy guns and get denied. Something like 15000 past year happened and 44 people were arrested for it.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So do conservatives still think liberals are worse for taking potshots?

Also, I notice an influx of republican supporters who don't usually post here. Norquist must have sent out another memo.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

I am not scared. I am just not ignorant to believe that the police will protect me. 99.9% of the time the police do nothing but show up in time to write a report while standing over your corpse. Dialing 9-1-1 is not a form of self defense.

No. Just the same flaw. No data on how many were polled. Nothing imaginary about that.

Since you like banking everything on polls, how about this?

Poll conducted a week ago (not 4 months ago) shows that less than half of Americans support stronger gun control laws.
    http://www.pollingreport.com/guns.htm

Gallup poll shows that support for stricter gun laws has never been higher than 55% since 2004 (2nd bar graph). Further down you will see a poll where people were asked if they want to see gun laws more, strict, less strict or remain the same, only 38% said they want more strict. Below that is a poll where only 58% said they think laws covering the sale of guns should be more strict.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx

So you see, there is poll after poll after poll that proves the exact opposite of what the Quinnipac(sp?) poll shows. Sure, maybe based on emotion and without thinking it through some people said they support gun show background check, but that in no way means they feel that way now and makes any argument that not passing the background check bill was in conflict with what Americans want an invalid claim.

I think a big problem is no one ever defines gun control and most people polled probably know nothing of the bill, what it means, who it effects, or what is already in place. For instance they are championing on background check for Internet purchases. I would about promise you if you went out today and asked do you support a new bill on Internet gun sales requiring background checks 90 percent of the people polled would think it is idiotic to be able to purchase a gun online with no background check. Which it is which is why all online sales get shipped to a ffl dealer who performs the check before you can have your gun. But again people don't know that and answer the poll accordingly

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast