Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Russell Westbrook out indefinitely with injury

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013...r-knee-surgery

All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook will have surgery to repair cartilage in his right knee and will be out indefinitely, dealing a harsh blow to the Oklahoma City Thunder's championship chances.

General manager Sam Presti said Friday the Thunder had not yet scheduled Westbrook's surgery and would not have an accurate timeline for his return until after the procedure was done. No one would rule out Westbrook's possible return if Oklahoma City keeps advancing in the playoffs, and All-Star teammate Kevin Durant only said his teammates "hope" Westbrook can play again this postseason.

"We're not trying to rush him or bring him back ahead of schedule. We want to make sure he's healthy and his knee is right," Durant said. "That's our only concern with it right now. ... We have to come together as a team and worry about the basketball. All he has to worry about is him getting healthy."

The three-time All-Star was hurt in Game 2 of the Thunder's playoff series against Houston on Wednesday night. Rookie Patrick Beverley lunged for a steal in the second quarter and his hip collided with Westbrook's knee.

Beverley called Westbrook's injury "unfortunate" and said Oklahoma City is still dangerous without him.

"Anyone who knows me knows I don't go out there and try to hurt anybody," Beverley said. "I play at one speed and that's fast. I was just trying to make a play on the ball before they called a timeout and it's just unfortunate."

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

Kills the chances for the Thunder!!! Damn injuries the last two years!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cgb_orl's Items on eBay

When they do the road to the Finals videos, I wonder if they will record how many significant injuries occurred these last two years.......