Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country

TTM has slowed to a trickle for me but I got a great success Saturday. I'm hoping once I get a full-time summer job I can get back into sending requests regularly since I love seeing all the MiLB successes rolling in on here! (Apologies in advance for the poor quality images. My Kodak camera seems to be on its last legs...last time I ever buy Kodak)

Austin Meadows: 6/6
    Out: 4/29 In: 5/11
    Well it doesn't look like my Astros will take him #1 in a few weeks but he's still a great addition to my collection. I don't blame the Astros for leaning towards taking a college arm because their farm system is pretty stacked with outfielders

Twins-Orioles Series
    Well the Orioles were here Friday through Sunday for a 3 game series. I was really looking forward to graphing them because I really like Matt Wieters and Nick Markakis. It turned out to be a very disappointing series :( It didn't help that I couldn't afford to go to any of the games

Troy Patton: 4/4
    Meeting the former Astro prospect was definitely the highlight of my weekend! He walked out first Friday night and was such a sweet guy. When I asked him to sign he was like yeah why don't we go under this overhang so your stuff doesn't get wet. When he was signing my first photo I told him I missed him in Houston and he said he really missed it too and was excited to go back to Houston this season. There were a couple girls waiting with me that I became friends with at Wolves game so I got a picture with him then they all did. I then decided to ask him to sign 1 more photo. When I asked him he actually apologized for not signing my other photos! I said I had 2 more but I didn't want to hold him up from leaving. He said no go ahead and pull them out and I'll sign them! I told him I remembered watching his MLB debut against the Cubs because I lived in Cubs territory and got to watch it. He laughed and said man that feels like ages ago. And I said yeah I never did like that trade for Tejada. And he said yeah 5 players for 2 years of a washed up player wasn't really worth it. Being a Texas boy, he definitely misses his Astros days. After he finished signing for me he said ya'll get home safe. Definitely like him more now after meeting him! And he is definitely one of the most attractive athletes I've met :)

Jim Johnson: 2/2

Nolan Reimold: 1/1

Chris Tillman: 1/1

Team Sheet: Chris Dickerson, Alexi Casilla, Tommy Hunter

I had 2 11x14s for Nick Markakis and didn't even see him while here. I also had a sweet 11x14 for Matt Wieters of his walkoff grand slam. I asked him Sunday and he asked me if I was a mother. I said no and he said sorry I'm only signing for mothers today. It caught me completely offguard that someone would ask me that and as a 20 year old I didn't think it'd be very realistic to say yes. I should've said yes but I was so surprised that I said no

After the game I graphed the Twins and did pretty amazing!
    Oswaldo Arcia: 2/2
    Got him walking in before the game while doing the Orioles

Trevor Plouffe: 1/1 16x20
    I asked him if he ended up getting to use his pink bat yesterday and he said he did use it and stuck it to the man hahaha he was like we'll see if I get fined. I probably will

Team Sheet: Pedro Hernandez
    I decided to print a cool picture I took of Target Field for my team sheet. I think it's more rewarding to get a picture signed that I took. And I really like how these stadium team sheets are turning out!

Josh Willingham: 1/1
    Shocked he stopped! And he gave me a really nice signature!

Ryan Pressly: 2/2

Aaron Hicks: 2/2

Last but not least...

Justin Morneau!!!!!! 1/1
    He was surprisingly nice and laid back talking with us

Coming up on my graphing schedule:
    This week I won't be graphing the Red Sox or White Sox; I'll be doing the Twins
    Lynx preseason game v Connecticut Sun: Can't afford photos but have a 16x20 for Tina Charles and separate 16x20 for Kara Lawson that I printed months ago so I'll hit up their hotel
    Mariners end of month...if anyone has info on how they're signing let me know! It'd be a big help when I go to order photos!

Love the JM, it was too bad he was out with a concussion for most of the last 2 seasons...hopefully he picks up where he left off before.

I think the Astros might be taking Mark Appel this year....you?
    Last edited by Captain; 05-13-2013 at 04:52 PM.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Houston Astros LSU Tigers
    See cademinton's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

Nice Meadows cards! I just found out Im going watch the Astros vs Royals in June. Hopefully I can grab some autos.

SCF Rewards
    Country

those are some awesome autos and story.

Thanks!

Love the JM, it was too bad he was out with a concussion for most of the last 2 seasons...hopefully he picks up where he left off before.

I think the Astros might be taking Mark Appel this year....you?

I kinda think it's going to be Appel too. I think he's been too dominant this year. But it's a good pick either way taking Appel or Gray...I heard that's who it is down to

Nice Meadows cards! I just found out Im going watch the Astros vs Royals in June. Hopefully I can grab some autos.

Nice! I'll definitely be checking your thread on how they sign so I know who to print photos for when they come here! I'm actually really excited for the Royals to come too! As for the Astros, I can't wait to see Brandon Barnes again. And I hope Bud Norris is still on the team when they come here

SCF Rewards
    Country

Astros would be crazy to not draft Appel (and hopefully he'll be a good free signer). Got Alex Meyer TTM today.

BANNED

Country

Astros would be crazy to not draft Appel (and hopefully he'll be a good free signer). Got Alex Meyer TTM today.

They passed on him last year and took Correa. Appel ended up falling to 8th and didn't sign with the Pirates. I don't think Correa should be picked #1. I think my prediction might fall true as he is struggling in Single A right now. Michael Wacha, 19th picked, might be the steal of the 1st round.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome stuff. That Morneau is gorgeous.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As a STL fan, I love the Wacha selection.

BANNED

Country

As a STL fan, I love the Wacha selection.

He has been lights out even since arriving from Texas A&M. He had already been promoted to Triple A in less than a full year worth of service. If he can keep his walks under control and maintain that fastball, he will be in St. Louis before the end of the season.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Need I remind all of you that Correa was a 17 year old kid taken #1 and he's going to take some time to develop? Already saying he's gonna be a bust in less than 1 year of service time is absurd. And I don't think the Astros would be crazy to take Gray over Appel because he is a potential ace as well. Like I said it's a win-win whoever they take.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yesterday brought 2 TTM successes along with a pretty decent night of graphing the Twins. I keep saying I'm going to retally my yearly autograph total after not having done it in over a month but I'll have to put that off until next Thursday when my semester will officially be over. Right now my 25 page international law paper has priority haha

TTM:
    Chris Okey: 5/5
    Out: 4/29 In: 5/13
    Another nice return from an MLB draft prospect

Chase Headley: 3/5
    Out: 4/29 In: 5/13
    Signed 3, Kept 2

IP:
    Aaron Hicks: 1/1 on team sheet
    He had an amazing game with 2 HRs and robbed a home run from Adam Dunn in a sweet catch!

Casey Fien: 1/1
    He was super cool. His girlfriend or wife (let's just say significant other) was driving him and they had their dog in the car. We asked his name and he laughed and said Casey. He was like sounds ridiculous but it's true and the woman said the dog Casey came first hahahaha

Jamey Carroll: 1/1 16x20
    Yeah ik it's a little weird I got Jamey Carroll on a 16x20...I printed it when I was on that big 16x20 kick. Now I'm into 11x14s and getting more selective with who I print 16x20s for. I had 2 but sold 1 to my friend that I do the Twins with so he can donate it to a charity auction. So I was glad to get rid of the extra lol

Justin Morneau: 1/1, 1/1
    So my friend said he didn't have anything for Morneau so I gave him my extra 8x10 just so he'd have something. Well once Morneau pulled away he gave the signed 8x10 to me! I was shocked but he said he's gotten Morneau enough and can get him more that I could have it since it was my photo. It was pretty awesome!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast