Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question about 09-10 OPC Premier Foursomes

On a lazy weekend, been looking through the ol' PC, and was curious if anyone knows - I've got all the OPC Premier Foursomes that feature the Sedin twins, so the parts I have spell out "VANC" and "RCAN" - almost looks like there should be "OUVE" and "UCKS" cards to spell out the complete team name, but I haven't been able to find any such cards. Any SCF'ers know a bit more about this set, would the letters that I seem to be missing be part of some other subset that I'm not aware of, or would the ones I have be all there is?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Judging by the checklist, it's just the two cards. Perhaps a larger idea that never really worked out? Looks kind of silly though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joshpackham's Items on eBay

i thought their was a regular version and a patch version of each card and between the two of them they spelled something out, might be thinking of a different year though
    Hidden Content
    I collect Ovechkin, Matt Johnson and Nathan Horton

MY PC
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

i thought their was a regular version and a patch version of each card and between the two of them they spelled something out, might be thinking of a different year though

Indeed there are regular versions too, but they are the same letters...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

In the 09-10 series they had a couple of acronyms. With the exception of a couple of "OHCA"&"NADA" everything else was usually a stand alone acronym that had to be puzzled out.

Your VANC is probably short for VANCOUVER. They did the same thing with other cities like PITT, PHIL, etc.

The RCAN I think has to be something specific to the team. For example they had things like:
    BEES for Boston
    ROOK for 4 rookies on a card
    SHRK for the San Jose team (they also had "TANK", so maybe they did have a pair as in Shark tank for their arena)
    LBBR for Montreal (Le Bleu Blanc et Rouge)

As for what "RCAN" stands for, I have no idea. I'm terrible at these little puns the card producers like to play with. GL with figuring it out though. You might try a title search on SCF. I have a feeling that someone asked this back in 09-10 when it first got released.

Cheers,
    reoddai