Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (359)
    Country

Except for that time in the Caps-Rangers series where it was clearly shot over the glass and wasn't called.

THIS. That's a tough call to make on Vlasic. If your not sure don't call it. I did see one linesman close to the play rule deflection right away. Then after the conference of officials they called the penalty. What was that about? And I'm not mad at the Stuart tripping call, it was a legit penalty - but I was mad about the lack of a call of a hook on Couture in the Kings zone RIGHT before the play on Stuart was called. I get "putting the whistles away" but do it for BOTH teams.

Anyhow, refs aren't why the sharks lost the game. A failed clear by Couture (he's been fighting the puck and making terrible defensive plays all series) on the tying goal and a juicy rebound off Niemi and Pavelski guarding air on the winning goal are why the Sharks lost. Good teams take advantage of the breaks they earn/receive and the Kings did just that. Same can be said about the Sharks in the Vancouver series. I would be mad if these games were not close and the Sharks were being vastly outplayed, but they aren't.

I don't think this series is done until a home team loses. Honestly as a Sharks fan it's not looking good. But it's the playoffs. Anything can happen. Ask Blues fans about the first round.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Sharks fortunate to win game 4. They stopped skating the last half of the 2nd period, and most of the 3rd and were outshot about 24-5 over that same time frame.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See djrecords's Items on eBay

i think the refs have more than made up for that over-the-glass call.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Sharks fortunate to win game 4. They stopped skating the last half of the 2nd period, and most of the 3rd and were outshot about 24-5 over that same time frame.

This. When are teams going to realize that this is how this LA team operates. They aim to do nothing but keep it within 2 going into the third and then let loose. Their opponents tires themselves out over the first half of the game, get lulled into the "3rd period 2 goal lead" false sense of security and when LA turns it on, opponent can't get back up to 100% energy and ends up running around, making bad plays, panicky passes and unable to clear. Then LA just sets up and fires the puck from every angle.

It's a pretty effective tactic and this team is very, VERY good at it.

BANNED

Country

LA knows from winning the Stanley Cup, that all they have to do is turn up the heat, be it mid-period, or in the last 5 minutes. I've been amazed for years how teams get smug with a 2 goal lead with 8 minutes left to play.

It's mind-boggling how they just shut down.

What is really going to get the Sharks in trouble is their overloading. I've now counted over 5 times per game, 4 Sharks going for the puck in their own end against two opponents. This a sure-fire way to get a boat-load of goals scored on yourself tout suite.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

Game 6 - 6 hours from now....
    Been an interesting series - both teams show they can dominate a game but not really the same game...
    Kings will be looking to close out the series tonight in a place they dont seem to play very aggressive...
    I know there have been calls that people dont agree with but I think its bad calls (non-calls) for both sides... (Vlasic clearing off Carter, Carter's "boarding" call, goalie interference calls) - We can all come up with the bad calls but try being a ref - They do the best they can - Try watching these plays from the ice - Good Luck with that!....

Anything can happen in the playoffs...so Cheers and here is to a Kings win on the road in a tough building....

BANNED

Country

The Sharks have to be without a doubt one of the most frustrating teams to watch since their inception in 1992.

They are the only NHL team without fail does seemingly does not learn from their mistakes. They CONTINUE to Overload on Defense. How can you play pro Hockey and not know how to play your position.

The Kings just sit back and know that San Jose does not know the cardinal rule of Hockey:

"Stop the bloody puck from going in your own net" Until they learn this simple lesson that is taught in all Hockey Schools in Canada when you are 6 years old, they will not be a winning team.

Poor Larry Robinson, you can see him having a Chank on the Sharks bench seeing the nightmarish job on Defense. He looks like he wants to tear somebody's head off.

Are the Sharks faster than the Kings? Yes
    Do the Sharks line for line have slightly more skill than the Kings? Yes

Do the Sharks change on the fly as well as the Kings? No
    Can the Sharks notch up their defense in one shift or as required? No
    Do the Sharks play good positional Hockey? Hell No, the worst in the league. Florida plays better positional Hockey.

If the Sharks DO NOT play fundamental Hockey tonight, they will be fishing, or golfing on Tuesday. They better listen to Larry, that's all I can say.

The Kings on Defense are New Jersey Devil smart. They are in position, they wait, they wait until the Sharks overload in the corner with 4 Sharks on 2 Kings, then they pounce.

Every LA Kings goal in this series can harken to a mistake by San Jose. Simply put, the Kings as a team are smarter, and it's Not Sutter.. The man doesn't even have a 500 word vocabulary.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

and it's Not Sutter.. The man doesn't even have a 500 word vocabulary.

Come on - you dont like his interviews...

Found this and thought it was pretty funny:

via twitter- Sutter on Toffoli's goal: "I put him out on the ice on the power play. He should come and thank me.”

I'm guessing the rest went something like:
    "He made a clutch play (mumble, mumble) positioned himself in the crease (mumble , mumble)" - on Doughty's great play

"(Mumble, mumble) some great saves (mumble, mumble) ". -on Quicks game

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (359)
    Country

The Sharks have to be without a doubt one of the most frustrating teams to watch since their inception in 1992.

They are the only NHL team without fail does seemingly does not learn from their mistakes. They CONTINUE to Overload on Defense. How can you play pro Hockey and not know how to play your position.

The Kings just sit back and know that San Jose does not know the cardinal rule of Hockey:

"Stop the bloody puck from going in your own net" Until they learn this simple lesson that is taught in all Hockey Schools in Canada when you are 6 years old, they will not be a winning team.

Poor Larry Robinson, you can see him having a Chank on the Sharks bench seeing the nightmarish job on Defense. He looks like he wants to tear somebody's head off.

Are the Sharks faster than the Kings? Yes
    Do the Sharks line for line have slightly more skill than the Kings? Yes

Do the Sharks change on the fly as well as the Kings? No
    Can the Sharks notch up their defense in one shift or as required? No
    Do the Sharks play good positional Hockey? Hell No, the worst in the league. Florida plays better positional Hockey.

If the Sharks DO NOT play fundamental Hockey tonight, they will be fishing, or golfing on Tuesday. They better listen to Larry, that's all I can say.

The Kings on Defense are New Jersey Devil smart. They are in position, they wait, they wait until the Sharks overload in the corner with 4 Sharks on 2 Kings, then they pounce.

Every LA Kings goal in this series can harken to a mistake by San Jose. Simply put, the Kings as a team are smarter, and it's Not Sutter.. The man doesn't even have a 500 word vocabulary.

Someone said (one of the broadcasters I believe?) that the swarming and outnumbering the puck posseser in the defensive zone was how NJ tried to defend last year against the Kings in the finals -- and the fact that the Sharks were doing that now could be attributed to Larry Robinson. : shrugs :

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tempestnorth's Items on eBay

Should be a fantastic game 7 on Tuesday! The Sharks are going to need to play their best game of the playoffs if they want to win in LA. My playoff pool is in desperate need of a SJ victory. :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123