Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See mfp535's Items on eBay

Where can I buy the cheapest Silver?

I want to invest in Silver and or gold and was wondering if any of my fellow SCF members also have an interest and this. Anyone know any good places to buy just straight silver .999 percent bullion silver. EBAY? Thanks for your feedback.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)
    Country

ebay is mostly a horrible source...why pay the middle man a premium when you can go straight to the source and pay their 2-4 dollar above spot premiums

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know a few people who use apmex.com

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Try your local sources first. Pawn shops are a good source because they buy below spot and will sell for $1-$4 above spot. Compare that to eBay where you will pay about $15 above spot right now. You also could call your local jewelry stores and ask if they buy and sell scrap silver. I wouldn't try any of the big names like Zales as they don't, but locally owner jewelry stores often buy scrap for using in making repairs and sometimes they pick up .999 silver bars and coins for that purpose.

Just make sure you are aware of current spot prices before you buy. Some shady pawn shops will try and take you for a ride. I have an app on my phone that keeps me constantly updated, but if you don't have a smartphone that you can get the app on you can check silverprice.org. It is realtime updated with current market values.

I wouldn't buy from places like APMEX or JM Bullion because they charge anywhere between $2 and $8 above spot and then you have to pay for shipping on top of that. Unless you buy major bulk from them it isn't worth the cost.
    Last edited by duane1969; 05-28-2013 at 09:37 AM.