Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Bernier also played for the reigning Stanley Cup Champs, Leafs roster all born years after their last win. I think that bears mentioning.

Also, a goaltender is only as good as the men in front of him are prepared to do battle and assist on defense. The Kings are a much more stingier defensive team than the Leafs are, as everybody has bought in.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmlalala's Items on eBay

Scrivens

12GP - 4W - 5L - 2OTL - 35 Goals Against - 3.13GAA - .902 SV%

Bernier

14GP - 9W - 3 L - 1OTL - 24 Goals Against - 1.88GAA - .922 SV%
    Numbers show that Bernier is better than Scrivens

That SV% really isn't that high relative to his GAA, I think LA's defense played a solid part in his low GAA. I'd still say Bernier has been better than Scrivens, but I don't think his stats tell the whole story. Last 4 complete games for instance, check the shots against:

Bernier - 25, 22, 23, 15
    Scrivens - 37, 42, 26 (actually only played 40 minutes for this one, yet still higher than all of Bernier's), 27

Scrivens has a higher shots/game too, but the last couple games are pretty telling of how many shots Bernier faced

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I guess what I am really trying to say is that Scrivens and the 2nd rounder were plenty, why lose Frattin?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess what I am really trying to say is that Scrivens and the 2nd rounder were plenty, why lose Frattin?

I dont think LA would have given up Bernier for Scrivens and a 2nd. Why they had to add in the specific player Frattin, or why they figured they'd need another young goalie is something no one will ever know.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

The only way I like this trade is if we flip bernier for a number one Center. We don't need bernier. We got Reimer already. He's our starter. Why make Reimer nervous or looking over his shoulder? Makes no sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See djrecords's Items on eBay

DL doesn't make the deal for Scrivens & 2nd - not even close.

Frattin was the guy he wanted. He tried to get him two years ago.

And the question isn't whether Bernier is better than Scrivens, it's how much better is he than Reimer?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

I think a 3 for at this point is a little steep of a price to pay. Is Leaf management's problem with Reimer? Do they not trust him?, or do they really want to solidify the back-up position?

I don't see a need for this trade as Bernier has not been given the opportunity to show that he is any better than Scrivens at this point.

I just don't get it.

I'm in your camp Tim. This is a team that has not developed a goalie that was worth more than a bag of pucks since Felix Potvin. Yes, they have had solid goalies in CuJo and a less extent Belfour, but it seems like Toronto continues to look at other teams and value their goaltending more than their own.

As a Sabre fan, I'm not happy about this deal. Not because Bernier is the next Dominik Hasek (he might, he might be the next Justin Pogge also), but it shows that the market for goalies in soft and Ryan Miller isn't going to fetch a ton like people hoped

SCF Rewards
    Country

DL doesn't make the deal for Scrivens & 2nd - not even close.

Frattin was the guy he wanted. He tried to get him two years ago.

And the question isn't whether Bernier is better than Scrivens, it's how much better is he than Reimer?

How much better he is than Reimer? He's not better. Based on early prognosis I'd say Reimer has looked better in their young careers. Reimer I hope will be our #1 goalie for many years to come.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The only way I like this trade is if we flip bernier for a number one Center. We don't need bernier. We got Reimer already. He's our starter. Why make Reimer nervous or looking over his shoulder? Makes no sense.

Youre right, it makes no sense ....

I dont think they are making Reimer nervous or looking over his shoulder. The Leafs made this deal to have Bernier as their #1. Do Leaf fans really think they made this deal so he could split the time with Reimer, or even be his backup? Im sure the Leafs management wont come out and say anything close to this ..... but in this case, actions speak louder than words.

IMO, they see Reimer ( yes I know the whole Leafs team ) as a failure this playoffs. He failed, game 7, late in the 3rd ( again, I know, the whole Leafs team did ). But which major hockey city does not blame this mainly on the guy between the pipes? If that happened here in Vancouver, well we all know what would happen here.

The Leafs made this move because Bernier is the most highly touted backup in the league. And if Quick didnt come out of no where like he did, Bernier would have the #1 job in LA.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't see bernier as our answer. Reimer has played more, has better numbers and has been in the fishbowl for 3 years now and has shown he can be a number one tendy. My heart sank yesterday when I found out. Not that I hate bernier but because nonis doesn't trust Reimer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast