Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BGS Grading Question

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ari4l2010's Items on eBay

BGS Grading Question

I currently have a card graded a KSA 9.5 that I am looking to hopefully cross over to a BGS 9.5. I only want it slabbed if it will be a 9.5 or 10. Otherwise, I want the card to stay in its current KSA case. I am located in Toronto, Canada and am in no hurry to get the card back. What would be the cheapest way to get this card into their hands for the grading process? Do I pay for shipping back to me or is that covered by BGS? Here is a picture of the card. Would love to know what exactly it would cost me. Also, would it be cheaper if I had it sent from a friend's address in New York? If so, how much? Thanks for all the info guys. Any questions feel free to ask as I don't want any surprise charges for this.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It would definitely be cheaper to send it thru your friend in the US. Their rates to Canada have never been great, and I would suspect that with the postal increase from earlier this year they're even more pricey now.

Beckett does charge for return shipping as well. It's included in the price you pay when you're filling out your invoice.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

So what would be the price to send from Canada and then from New York? Sorry, first time sending something off.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

CanadaPost.ca and USPS.com would be your best resources, as prices vary depending on whether you want to ship with tracking/insurance, which I'd recommend with a card such as that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Wouldn't the BGS people have to crack the card outta the case to properly grade it and determine if it's a 9.5 or 10??

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (4)
    Country
    See mothepipes's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wouldn't the BGS people have to crack the card outta the case to properly grade it and determine if it's a 9.5 or 10??

No they can look trew it and leave it as is if i dosent reach the grade you want.I sent a few PSA10 Crosby rookie a few years ago with hopes that they would crossover BGS 9.5 and they didnt (6 of them).They charge an extra few $ its like a raw review.

Just put a post it on the Sid slab with the mention `9.5 or leave as is`

It takes balls but if you want it in a BGS Golden slab your best bet is to crack it open and sent it unslab.

The shipping cost back to you from BGS if your in Canada is plain absurd, you best bet would be to include it in a SCF submission if they still do it, otherwise a trustworthy person does it on a french hobby board from time to time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You think that it decreases my chances because someone else has already deemed it a 9.5 and Beckett must downgrade it to be more worthier of their grade?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (4)
    Country
    See mothepipes's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You think that it decreases my chances because someone else has already deemed it a 9.5 and Beckett must downgrade it to be more worthier of their grade?

From what i have read on different boards crossover in slabs to beckett arent very succesfull.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

I've got a question guys? (might make a new thread if this starts to hijack the OP's question) but what is the correct shipping process for sending cards to BGS.... i've read they only take "Card Saver II" cards but my Crosby YG is not going in that flimsy thing for mailing across the continent lol. I know they don't want screwdowns or onetouches either, but a toploader with tape on it? would that be fine?

Very first time sending and I'm a little nervous hahah

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not highjacking my thread at all. Question is applicable. ;) Now lets see what the answer is. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast