Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Box of SPA

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Box of SPA

Went to the monthly card show today, guess I got there too early as half the vendors weren't set up yet so I wasn't able to find anything in the singles department so went by the wax dealers table and said why not.

Auto's:
    Future Watch 213 Akim Aliu 066/999
    Sign of the Times SOT-BV Alexander Burmistrov
    Sign of the Times SOT-JS Jakob Silfverberg

Rookies
    MVP Rookie 51 Sven Baertschi
    MVP Rookie 59 Gabriel Dumont

94-95 SP Retro's;
    18 Phil Kessel
    30 Jordan Staal
    42 Dominik Hasek
    54 Jean Beliveau
    66 Johnathan Quick
    78 Riley Sheahan

Authentic Moments's:
    153 Tyler Seguin
    154 Jeff Skinner
    155 Johnathan Toews
    156 Gabriel Landeskog
    182 Wayne Gretzky/Patrick Roy

Team Canada Moments
    192 Brayden Schenn
    193 Carey Price
    206 John Tavares

UD Update
    266 Jarome Iginla
    270 Rick Nash
    275 Zach parise
    277 Anze Kopitar

And the hit of the box... (may not be the best card but at least its PC).

Not thrilled with the box, just wasn't a fun break, no real excitement when opening it it was just kind of a meh with each pack. Should have went for Anthology as it would have at least been more fun of a break, SPA may have a better resale value but for me Anthology is just a more fun of a break.

Everything but the Sheahan is for sale or trade.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hugehitter31's Items on eBay

I found that too. Although I did hit a Lemiuex auto in my only box which I cant complain about. Just felt like I bought a box of 20+packs for 4 cards in it. Anthology to me was a blast when I bought one.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I found that too. Although I did hit a Lemiuex auto in my only box which I cant complain about. Just felt like I bought a box of 20+packs for 4 cards in it. Anthology to me was a blast when I bought one.

Ok so I'm not crazy lol, glad I'm not the only one. Sure SPA on most boxes will have better resale than Anthology but with Anthology and all the insert sets, Game used sets, auto sets, theres just more to be excited about than 24 packs of mostly plain looking white base, 4 autos (a patch if lucky) and a stack of decoys that stack higher than the stack of base you pull.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok so I'm not crazy lol, glad I'm not the only one. Sure SPA on most boxes will have better resale than Anthology but with Anthology and all the insert sets, Game used sets, auto sets, theres just more to be excited about than 24 packs of mostly plain looking white base, 4 autos (a patch if lucky) and a stack of decoys that stack higher than the stack of base you pull.

This is EXACTLY how I feel about SPA. I don't chase rookies, so the product is always a let down for me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

You're not crazy, but...........last year I got a box of 11/12 SPA for my birthday and thought it was garbage, but I had no idea I'd hit the FWAP case hit and a Group B Tyler Seguin auto. The FWAP was Justin Faulk, which sold for $28, and because I had no idea about the different categories in the SOTTs I just gave the Seguin away bahahahaaaaa!!!

So because I got such a "junky" box, I went out and bought the cards I SHOULD have gotten on eBay, so of course now I have Cory Schneider and Max Lapierre SOTTs to sell...............

This year I had the same choice as you........... and I went with SPA again. I'll get my box on Tuesday. I just like the mix of players in SPA better than Contenders I guess.

I'll take the Beliveau card please :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hugehitter31's Items on eBay

Ya and there is a better opportunity for a Big card, and I cant complain with the box I opened (still yet to hit a Stone in ANY product haha) but Anthology for some reason has more excitement to me. The on card autos are nice from SPA though, but even the look of the SOTT and FWA this year dont appeal to me as much. Ill take the great outdoors and intensity parallels over the authentic moments anyday though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See onetimersportcards's Items on eBay

I'd be interested in the ud update cards. I don't have any bobrovsky to trade but I think I got some flyers around? Lmk what u collect

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ed, I can gladly hook you up with the Beliveau or two

Nyjplaya, Since you don't have any Bobs I collect any low end numbered inserts of Wings or Flyers legends or goalies. Send me a pm if you want to make a deal for the updates!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

PM sent