Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country

Happened to me just a few weeks ago, and not just any old card but one of my two white whales (10/11 spgu game gear henrik sedin x/3)... Missed out on the first copy to surface years ago as someone put in a huge BO that the seller of course accepted... The second copy finally surfaced this summer - had the auction on my phone all set up and ready for a snipe, then went to meet a seller at starbucks to pick up a pair of danny and hank game used sticks and gloves, got so excited by that purchase and distracted by cops who pulled someone over right in front of the starbucks that i completely spaced and forgot to complete the snipe. Luckily the buyer was a member here and I made him an offer he couldn't refuse so this one had a happy ending. I promise myself I will never get distracted if my number one whale ever shows up (02/03 bap sig series canucks team quad)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just after the first (05/06) Cup came out and hit ebay, I was vacationing at the Mayan Riviera in Mexico with my family. It was difficult to get on the internet at the resort (costly and with limited numbers of computers) but more difficult to try and nonchalantly separate myself from my spouse, when I knew an auction was ending, after continually looking at my watch and trying not to attract any attention to my "watch watching"...

As you can tell, my spouse wasn't/isn't keen on my hobby.

So I was late for several auctions or missed them entirely. Some weren't so bad at the time, since they went for what I thought to be outlandish prices (I was to be proven wrong...when those same cards resold for LOTS more down the road). Those were for beautiful multi-colored patches and I remember two 4 color Phaneuf #/99 RC's too. However, some went for prices lower than I'd pay, so I kicked myself over those (sigh).

Aside from that, I've had a few instances over the years when I've gone to place a last-minute bid and the computer froze at precisely the worst time. Now that I'm using a Mac, those glitches are gone.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habs1909_2009's Items on eBay

Missed an opc subban blank back rc year that ended up at less than 15$

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes. Even in the short time its been since I've gotten back into cards. I was watching 2 cards on eBay both ending at similar times and the girlfriend wants to go to Ikea. I figure ok, i'll still have a cell phone signal because it's outside of a major US city. Were walking through the top level and it's all god - i'm checking periodically. Then we get to the bottom level and boom there goes my signal. Ended up missing out on both auctions. Sucked. I was stalking those cards for days.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

Searched for 2 years for a Be A Player bobby ryan rookie.......one finally came up for $25 OBO so I offered $20 and headed off to work. Kicked myself for being so cheap all day at work and of course came home to find some one bought it for the $25.........6 months later I paid $40 :(
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Literally just happened to me and caused me to lose out on a Gorges Captain's Cloth #'d /2 from Prime. I feel sick.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Literally just happened to me and caused me to lose out on a Gorges Captain's Cloth #'d /2 from Prime. I feel sick.

Ouch! I hope it resurfaces one day and ends up where it truly belongs!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123