Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

1000-card emergency contingency-plan PC

So.......back in the spring I was at the Bossa Croation Cultural Centre Card Show, at the KSA table getting some 71/72 Topps cards graded. Up to the table wanders this old couple in their 60's at least, with a box full of about 50 cards they want graded - 51/52 Parkies (Gordie Howe & Bernie Geoffrion RCs), baseball tobacco cards, other 50's Parkhursts, the newest card in the lot was a 71/72 OPC Gordie Howe Retires and it looked like it had just been opened out of a pack.

Anyways, they wanted to get the cards graded because they wanted to sell them so that their son could..........pay the lawyers' fees for his divorce and he was being dragged through the mud by his son-to-be-ex-wife. At the time I thought how incredibly pathetic that was, that a collection like THAT would be going to pay for something like........that.

Over the past few months tho, I've been thinking........I'm 45. I have no savings, I live paycheque to paycheque. My retirement plan is (hopefully) having a heart attack at my desk sometime in the next 12-15 years and letting Amy cash in on my life insurance. But.......what if.......in between now and then........something bad happens? What if I need a new car tomorrow or a lawyer a year from now or my son gets decapitated because he's a moron who likes to play with bottle rockets and blows his head clean off but medical science is at the point where they can keep his head in a Futurama jar but it costs $$$$? What then???

Hockey cards is what then, that's what then it is!! 1000 hockey cards, all with a "value" of $20 or more, that I could sell relatively quickly and buy my ingrate dumber-than-mud son a jar for his head.

That's what I want my PC to be........... my Ryan Kesler binders, my Canucks binder, my Canadians binder, my 04/05 SP Authentic binder, my Vintage binder, my ITG Forever Rivals binder, my autographs/memorabilia cards binder. Between those binders + a box of slabbed up cards I need 1000 of them to pay off if need be.

So. Because with Christmas coming my card allowance has been cut off and I have nothing better to do, I'm gonna start my 1000-card ongoing thread tonight. Feel free to follow along or ignore me as you wish :D

In absolutely no particular order at all.....................

1992 Future Trends '76 Canada Cup Bobby Orr auto - $100

Custom oversize 3X5 Toe Blake autograph - $100

00/01 Topps Heritage Gordie Howe auto - $60

2008 Toronto Expo ITG Superlative Canadiens six-jersey 3/9 - $125

00/01 UD SP Game-Used Steve Yzerman auto/jersey 64/100 - $60

Bossa Shows custom Team Canada Bobby Hull / Frank Mahovlich / Guy Lafleur / Marcel Dionne auto 19/25 - $60

08/09 UD Masterpieces Vladislav Tretiak auto - $40

08/09 OPC Sidney Crosby / Geno Malkin / Marc Fleury jersey. Mayyyyybe $20 if I'm lucky hahahaa. - $20

ITG Bleu Blanc et Rouge Newsy Lalonde pants 5/9 - $40

13/14 UD Trilogy Trevor Linden auto. Trevor Linden collectors are nuts, I got outbid on the first three I came across, I paid more than I wanted to for this one......... - $40

That's it for tonight, more when I'm motivated :D
    Last edited by 87sluggo; 12-02-2013 at 02:34 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Pittsburgh Penguins Oakland Raiders
    Twitter: @http://twitter.com/hobbybox604 See Hobbybox604's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

And im honored to be the 1st person & comment.....nice S&T...cant wait to see the other 990 ;)

PS: Before reading the whole thing,i thought u started to sell!!! Lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I knew that last show and tell post wouldn't be the last of the year! Nice cards, I also can't wait to see the other 990.

And you shouldn't have to worry about your son blowing his head off with bottle rockets and living in the futurama head jars, its only bottle rockets man, you need to buy him some of the good stuff and really let him have some fun before you have to worry about that!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

This is going to be fun (but not for your bottle head son).

Loving the show so far.

I have a large bottle I used to brew beer in if you need it. I will trade you for the Custom oversize 3X5 Toe Blake autograph lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

I knew that last show and tell post wouldn't be the last of the year!

It was the last one with new stuff tho, this is all recycled :)

03/04 BAP Ultimate Howie Morenz Vintage Lumber 1/30 - $125

ITG Canadiana Steve Yzerman auto - $40

Custom Ken Dryden cut-auto - $100

85/86 OPC Mario Lemieux box-bottom "RC" - $60

Signature Rookies Maurice Richard auto - $60

2004 Russian Ice Alex Ovechkin auto 35/100, my favorite Ovi card ever! - $75

00/01 UD Heroes Bobby Orr stick - $75

06/07 ITG Ultimate Tiny Thompson / Eddie Shore / Milt Schmidt memorabilia 10/25 - $75

11/12 UD SP Authentic Patrick Roy auto 14/25 - $80

06/07 ITG International Ice Sidney Crosby jersey - $50
    Last edited by 87sluggo; 12-02-2013 at 02:36 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very nice idea for a thread. Keep it going! Can't wait to see some Mask goodies, haha. By the way... guess which Mask Game-Used card of a certain Canadiens legend I managed to snatch for the PC a short while ago.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very nice idea for a thread. Keep it going! Can't wait to see some Mask goodies, haha. By the way... guess which Mask Game-Used card of a certain Canadiens legend I managed to snatch for the PC a short while ago.

Well I'm pretty sure it wasn't this particular copy.........

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/350922928849?...84.m1436.l2649

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Well that solves one mystery, I always wondered what kinda parents would name their kid TOE?...than again, no offence to anyone named Hector...anyhoo, there has to be a good story behind the nickname??
    oh and Ed, with today's technology, good luck with your heart attack plan, my buddies dad is like 99 and still going after who knows how many quadruple druple by passes...O-o
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well that solves one mystery, I always wondered what kinda parents would name their kid TOE?...than again, no offence to anyone named Hector...anyhoo, there has to be a good story behind the nickname??
    oh and Ed, with today's technology, good luck with your heart attack plan, my buddies dad is like 99 and still going after who knows how many quadruple druple by passes...O-o

I maintain an un-healthy lifestyle for a reason.......

Toe Blake's wee little sister used to call him 'ec-to when they were kids, it got shortened to "Toe" and it stuck :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Haha, you're right about that. His original asking price was $500 (still expensive if you ask me) and then he just went ahead and raised it. Don't know why. Luckily I purchased mine for way less. Patience is a virtue.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast