Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Your other hobbies/interests

We all share in common an interest in sports and sports trading cards. What other hobbies and interests do you have?

Mine:

writing of any sort, but less of the creative variety compared to other types
    reading (just about anything, but especially reference books, classic lit, journal articles, and magazine articles)
    research (any topic that intrigues me, but especially health and neuroscience)
    philosophy/theology (avoiding most discussions of these lately though because it's so hard for all of us to NOT become contentious about these things, sadly)
    music (listening only as I cannot play it well - like a wide variety, but favorite genres include progressive rock, trip-hop, and most electronic styles)
    video games (mostly older school - have trouble with the more modern, spatial, 3D stuff most of the time)
    craft beer

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jesses_stuff's Items on eBay
    Send PayPal to paypal.me/JessesstuffFS Member is PayPal Verified

I am convinced that I have some form of ADD. I can't stay focused on one thing so I have a lot of interests.

Music. I play, record and mix my own music. I play drums, bass, and guitar. I went to school for audio engineering and I do this on my free time when I feel creative. I don't sing so everything is instrumental. I have a lot of recording gear and software.

Video games. I love video games. I mostly like First Person RPGs and my favorite game/series ever is Fallout. I have a dedicated theater room that I use for games and movies.

RC Car. I have a very fast Traxxas Rustler VXL brushless that I love taking to the desert. I don't do it enough.

Dodgeball. Yes, adult organized competitive dodgeball, no, not like the movie :). I started playing in 2007-8 or so, but had to "retire" due to my back surgery for a herniated L5 disc. I am not quite recovered enough to start playing again, maybe the spring season.

Baseball. I also played adult baseball. I wasn't very good, but I had a lot of fun.

eBay/Side business. I love working on stuff for our side business and I get personal satisfaction and fulfillment out of package items up to mail. I have no idea why, maybe because everything is a different challenge?

Snorkeling. I love snorkeling. My favorite place was Hawaii. San Diego was fun as well. I don't do it enough.

My Wife. I love doing random things with my wife. Watching movies, trying restaurants, sports games, garage sales, travelling, etc... We open cards together and have a lot of fun with that. The most fun we have is with cut signature stuff.

Video stuff. I am a very high interest in doing videos/movies, editing, etc... Yet I haven't been able to find the time to do it.

I like electronic stuff. I like building computers. I haven't in a few years because the last one I built has been running great. However, I think it's time for an upgrade.

I am sure there are more but that's all I can think of at the moment :)

Country

Interesting topic....when I'm not working on my collection, my other fun time goes towards woodworking. In particular, I like taking logos and building them 3D. You can see some samples at the link below.
    http://s779.photobucket.com/user/cla...?sort=3&page=1

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Hockey - Retired and only because of where I live - no rinks anywhere
    Adventure Travel: 120 plus countries over 38 years
    Adventure Food: I have eaten everything that Andrew Zimmern has eaten, much of it absolutely revolting. I do like fried bugs though.
    High Altitude Trekking, some climbing - Top 25 World Treks to date, and more to come
    Long Distance Hiking: From 12-200 miles plus - continual anywhere I travel
    Long Distance Ocean Swimming: Tropics only.
    Free Diving/Snorelling: I am certified, but don't like Scuba, rather be free with my own breath.
    Outdoor Adventure River running on Boogie Boards, class 3,4-5 rapids, Getting much too old for this, almost done.
    High Distance Water Jumping: I just cannot stop jumping of high places, cliffs, bridges, etc. into water - since age 10.
    Occasional dabble into Dry Pastel Art
    Conga and Drumming - pure novice on the drums, Congas/Bongos off and on, since age 10
    Harmonica: Been playing since 1962, but limited in play due to noise pollution in the house.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I live in the Willamette Valley In Oregon. I might as well be living in Mali, or Niger Africa, in terms of Hockey.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

Baseball-I pitch for a DIII school in Minnesota.

Travel-I spent a summer pitching in the Costa Rican Summer Leagues. Have played in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Panama. Currently living in Ecuador on an 8 month teaching stint. I've taught English to elementary schoolers in Ecuador (5 months), to high schoolers in the Galapagos Islands (2 months), am back in Ecuador now, and will head to Peru next month.

Writing-My first book, about my time pitching in Costa Rica, is about to come out. If you like reading and baseball, there's a link in my signature you can check out.

Music-I play guitar (4 years) and piano (most of my life). Have played in all sorts of bands but now just do it for fun. Writing music is a good side hobby.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

I live in the Willamette Valley In Oregon. I might as well be living in Mali, or Niger Africa, in terms of Hockey.

the links are for Oregon, we have a pretty good tradition of hockey here
    http://www.winterhawks.com/page/team-history

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Raising my 2 children is full time but I try to make time for

Poker I like to hit the Borgata almost made tv last year

Reading give me some piece and quiet time

Movies/Music most of music is in the gym or while playing cards because when the kids are in the car it is all pop kiddie radio

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Fastbird93's Items on eBay

I think this pic explains my other hobby:

The Red celica has a 93 MR2 Turbo motor swap and has WAY too much money wrapped up into it. The Blue Corvette at that time was a 761 RWHP drives like stock monster which I was forced into selling 3 years ago due to life changing events (left military), and the engine on the stand is a $14K motor set up for assisted breathing via a 76mm turbo. Last time on the dyno is was making ~700 RWHP with a very poorly matched cam. In the process of a cam swap and some other changes, searching for over 800 at the tires.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast