Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Well Phooey, when I really think about it, can't deny I am lying to myself thinking I only collect for intrinsic value....I will forever be a fan of Teemu, so than, why do I not have his rookie card proudly displayed in a one touch rather than having around 30 lying unprotected in a drawer somewhere? Would I have it on display if it was worth 500$, the honest answer is YES. If it was #/100, subconsciously would it look more attractive to me. YES. And if there were only a 100 of them, would it really not also be and Ego issue. There are only a 100, and I, me, have one. and you don't...Yup again. Same with my Score Brodeur's...instead everyone is all hyped about Martin Jones or John Gibson, the odds of any of them doing what Marty has done is 0%%.
    Than there are the 2 LCS's I go to every few weeks, now talk about jaded, the owners are just blah about hockey cards.The one owner in particular, he has a bunch of discount boxes, and I check though it every so often to find some non rc exclusives, especially Bruin's. He says yeah those things are useless, can't even get $2 for them, but I am happy to snap them up for $2-3. He is unwittingly killing my need to by wax!

Anyhoo, just talking to myself, as a consumer I should be happy prices are low, it is the guy who just expanded his card shop to twice the size that should be bummed. He has YG's for sale at full BV that can be had for 1/4 the price...His only chance is from guys who get a high from buying boxes, that is the only business plan that works, selling wax...Unless the so called "hits" become so cheap no one even wants to do that anymore.

Perhaps U.D getting exclusives rights is not a bad thing than, if they want to keep the hobby hype going, they now have the opportunity to significantly lower the amount of products they make, lower the supply and get the demand back up.....

and thats my 20 cents for the day...O-o
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The unfortunate thing that has happened to baseball and now hockey, is that the exclusive licenses have created barriers for entry within the hobby, a characteristic of a monopolistic/oligopolic market. Since Upper Deck will be the only card company that will distributing NHL logo'd cards, there won't be any sort of improvement to the hobby any time in the near future.

If this major barrier regarding licenses was broken down, another company could move in and create a solution to the current over saturation and decline of the hobby.

I'm very happy about the decision that you are no longer cracking wax (I am beginning to do the same) as this is the collector's most powerful weapon against these companies, their purchasing power.

Hmmm, well you maybe right about the monopoly as opposed to what I was thinking. Knowing the greed big corporations have. U.D and Panini combined have 24 products or so, perhaps I am naive to think U.D will stay with only 12, rather than make 24 products. History always seems to repeat itself. Shop owners could be stuck with a stack of boxes of junk they will Never sell like the 90's all over again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well thats just great, look what I forgot about and missed while being distracted on here ;/

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321386482354?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649

25 cents for a cool looking card, just goes to prove the point many have made, use BIN !

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well thats just great, look what I forgot about and missed while being distracted on here ;/

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321386482354?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649

25 cents for a cool looking card, just goes to prove the point many have made, use BIN !

lol. this happens to me all the time. I see auctions i missed and cannot believe what they sell for. Just buy up the next one brother

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011