Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Padres LHP prospect and 2012 First Round Draft Pick Max Fried signed 1/1 in 72 days c/o Padres Spring Training. Really nice to see this one come back as Fried could be a promising pitcher in the MLB.

IMG_1310.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

So yesterday, I went to the Astros vs. White Sox game at U.S. Cellular Field and I got in early for BP with a special ticket. I was about the 30th person in the ballpark so I figured it'd be prime time for some autographs. The gate that I entered was near the left field bleachers so I figured I'd stop down and see if I can get a ball. Sure enough as I walk down, a ball bounces right up to me. It was that easy. I figured okay perfect, I got a ball so now let's go try and graph.
    I had brought a few balls with me to get signed so I walked over by the White Sox dugout. Robin Ventura signed a picture for my friend but left right after. All of a sudden, Jose Abreu walks into the dugout and starts signing. I'm holding a ball out and he grabs literally everyone around mine. He signed for about 3 minutes, signed my friends ball, and then said, "No mas." I was so bummed as he's literally my favorite player this year, along with Chris Sale. Abreu seemed to give me a look like, "you're not a little kid" so he took everyone else's. I hate my buddy for looking like he's 12 and getting his autograph.
    We waited around a little more. Then Paul Konerko comes over and signs but says he can't stay long. My luck has to change, right? He signs for a bunch of kids and I was holding my 2005 WS ball that I've been trying to get him to sign for years. I even said that to him. No luck. No dice. Walked away without a single graph. Maybe I'm just not good at graphing at the park, but still had a great time. I bought the special Konerko bobble head that they're currently selling for a couple games, so it'd be sweet to get that signed in the future, along with the WS ball of course. We also made friends with Carlos Corporan of the Astros as he was shagging BP. He was loving us and even spotted us in the 7th inning after he warmed up the pitcher. He gave us a point as he walked back to the dugout.

So no autographs, but can never complain when you walk away with a ball and have a nice time out with your buddies afterwards.
    image.jpg

On another note, I did get a Spring Training TTM back as Christian Colon signed a card. Colon was recently called up a couple of weeks back so that was pretty cool to see that in the mail.
    image.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

A few more cards Spring Training cards have come in recently. Red Sox prospect Matt Barnes signed 1/1 in 155 days c/o Red Sox Spring Training. Twins OF Oswaldo Arcia signed 1/1 in 158 days c/o Twins Spring Training. And finally, Diamondbacks prospect Chris Owings signed 1/1 in 162 days c/o Diamondbacks Spring Training.

*Note: For some reason, the site won't allow me to add in the images for the other 2 cards.
    IMG_1510.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

Been quite some time since I posted...haven't sent out much since Spring Training and have been crazy busy at school. I got a job and begin full time employment next August, so maybe I can have some more time devoted to this!

With that being said, I have had a few successes that have rolled in from Spring Training. Definitely a nice surprise as I went home for Thanksgiving break. Pics to come after I leave the library...this post is my break for a final exam that I have tomorrow.

Mark Appel 1/1 in 224 days c/o Astros Spring Training
    Mike Foltynewicz 1/1 in 243 days c/o Astros Spring Training
    Addison Reed 2/2 in 273 days c/o Diamondbacks Spring Training
    Jonathan Gray 1/1 in 299 days c/o Rockies Spring Training
    Clint Frazier 1/1 in 285 days c/o Indians Spring Training

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hardly ever send out TTM requests to NFL players. In fact, I have only sent out and received 1 in my life and that was Robbie Gould. But I decided to send out a request to recent HOF inductee Andre Reed, and sure enough, I came home today from vacation to find that Reed signed 1/2 in 11 days c/o Home. The signature looks great and that is a really nice success from an HOFer. He did ignore my request at an HOF '14 inscription, but most do not include that on a card anyways, so it does not bother me at all.

Last edited by shortstop2025; 02-10-2015 at 06:48 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

J.A. Happ signed 1/1. I was searching through my Excel document that I keep all of my send-offs posted in and I must have forgotten to include Happ's name in it when I sent it off. I honestly completely forgot that I had sent this card out as I must have sent this out around 2012. Regardless, he's a local guy who went on to pitch at Northwestern. The Northwestern baseball program hits home for me as I have some good friends that play there, and I am even attending the Northwestern vs. Illinois basketball game tonight. Although I am happy with getting a Northwestern guy in Happ, I am not sure how good of a sign that is that I got a Northwestern alum's autograph back today, and I'll be going to the game rooting for my Illini...

Last edited by shortstop2025; 02-10-2015 at 06:47 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A lot of MLB teams had their annual winter FanFests this weekend, including the White Sox who hosted SoxFest. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend and I am really bummed about it since many of the 2005 World Series members were there. It would have been great to help my '05 project out. However, a good friend of mine was able to go and he completely surprised me when he came back to school and gave me a signed card of Geoff Blum. He told Blum that the card was for his friend who really wanted to come but was not able to attend. Blum then said, "Oh really, how come?" My buddy said that I was back at college, to which Blum responded, "Oh yea, kid's gotta party." Sounds like a pretty cool guy and I'm real happy to get him on a card.

I've slowed up a bit on this project, but I figured it would take me awhile to complete. I'm now at 9/25 of the '05 White Sox so any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by shortstop2025; 05-31-2015 at 01:50 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today I received my favorite success in quite awhile as Goose Gossage signed a ROMLB beautifully in blue pen in 29 days c/o Home. This was the first baseball that I have ever sent out and I have been checking my mailbox everyday hoping to see this one back. I checked today and finally saw my bubble envelope stuffed into my mailbox. Goose came up with the White Sox so that makes this one that much more special. This is my first HOF baseball and what I hope to be the start of many more to come.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Gossage is gorgeous! Love his sig. Looks awesome, congrats! Happ is a white whale of mine, he grew up about half an hour from me. Never been able to get him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks I appreciate it. I forgot I had even sent the Happ out so maybe yours will show up eventually.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast