Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Subway to remove yoga mat chemical from its sandwiches after health complaints

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oe-rubber.html

Subway says it's in the process of removing a chemical from its bread as part of an ongoing effort to improve its recipes.

The announcement comes after a popular food blogger launched a petition this week asking the sandwich chain to stop using the ingredient, called azodicarbonamide. A representative for Subway says the change was underway before the petition was launched, but did not immediately provide details on when it started or when it would be complete.

'The complete conversion to have this product out of the bread will be done soon,' Subway said in a statement, without providing further details.

Vani Hari, who runs FoodBabe.com, has targeted other food companies including Kraft and Chick-fil-A for the chemicals in their products.

In the latest petition targeting Subway, Hari noted that the azodicarbonamide used in its bread 'as a bleaching agent' is also used to make yoga mats and shoe rubber. The petition noted that Subway doesn't use the ingredient in its breads in Europe, Australia or other parts of the world.

Although the ingredient is used in other food products, Hari said she focused on Subway because of the healthy image it tries to project. Subway has endorsement deals with Olympic athletes.

'This is not eating fresh!' Hari's petition said.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

heard about this on alex jones show, signed the petition and like a day later they announced this. food babe started the petition.

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-products.html

Subway is not the only company found to have products containing a chemical used to make shoes and yoga mats.

It has been revealed that Arby’s, Burger King, Chik-fil-A, Dunkin’Dounts, Jack in the Box, Kentucky Fried Chicken and McDonald’s also use azodicarbonamide in rolls and baked goods – Subway announced this week it will drop the ingredient from its bread.

It was banned for use in food in Europe and elsewhere after a 1999 World Health Organization study found that it could induce asthma and other respiratory issues, as well as skin conditions in large doses in animals – but testing in humans remained inconclusive.

Arby’s uses the controversial ingredient in every bun it serves and Wendy’s uses it in bagels, premium toasted and sandwich buns, as well as Panini bread.

Dunkin Donuts customers can find azodicarbonamide in croissants, danishes and the Texas toast used in the Big and Toasty and grilled cheese sandwiches.

‘We are evaluating the use of the ingredient as a dough conditioner in our products and currently discussing the matter with our suppliers,’ a Dunkin Donuts spokesperson told CNBC.

The list goes on for Chick-fil-A and Jack in the Box, but it doesn’t stop there.

Arnold Brick Oven sliced white and premium Italian breads also contain azodicarbonamide, as does ubiquitous Wonder Bread and Sara Lee Classic white bread.

MailOnline also found it in Hostess glazed honey buns and Tyson mini chicken sandwiches.

Most varieties of Pillsbury Toaster Streudel and Sara Lee bagels also contained azodicarbonamide.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

crazy stuff

heard dominos was pulling it today as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

crazy stuff

heard dominos was pulling it today as well.

They should all pull it. They can make their stuff without it since many countries around the world already have a ban on it. They just use it in American stuff still.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Subway having basically 2 plastic derivatives in it's buns? I never liked Subway buns. How could something that fresh, taste that less than ordinary?

I eat at Subway about once per year, now I don't eat there at all. The reason Subway's Bread disgusts me, is that I bake 4-5 days per week at home, and my bread is all Organic with no plastic in it.