LAS VEGAS – The question hung over the post-fight news conference at Mandalay Bay and wouldn't go away: Who's the next challenger for Ronda Rousey's UFC bantamweight title?
Rousey has just successfully defended her 135- pound championship with a fast – some would say too fast – finish of fellow Olympic medalist Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170 on Saturday night.

It marked her third title defense in 364 days and her ninth career finish in nine fights, leaving no obvious top challenger in the immediate future.

Oh, there were suggestions. Canada's Alexis Davis improved to 3-0 in the UFC earlier in the evening with a split-decision win over Jessica Eye, and she wouldn't mind taking the spot.
"I've been fighting for so long," said Davis, who was seated by Rousey. "And who else is 3-0 in the UFC, other than the girl sitting right down from me?"
And there were suggestions that undefeated Cat Zingano should get the spot. Zingano was scheduled to meet Rousey after defeating Miesha Tate in April. But she tore her knee in training, and suffered the death of her estranged husband in recent weeks, so there's no timetable set for her return.
"I think Cat Zingano really deserves to fight for the title at some point," Rousey said. "But she's still coming back from her injury, and I thought Alexis Davis did an amazing job tonight."

Read Story