Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Classic Combos Inflated Prices

I only collect Roenick so maybe someone can tell me why Classic combos seem to be going for high prices

The Belfour/Roenick /50 books for $50-100 but always gets set at over $100 and has many "watchers". The last one went at auction for $75.

With the relatively high print run (compared to /20 or less), what's up with this?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2012-13-CLASS...item1e7c97b74b

SCF Rewards
    Country

Panini Signature Classics didn't get busted a lot. Its original MSRP was 189.99 which was mental considering MOST (not all) boxes follow the configuration of 5 'common/no-sp' autos and 1 hit which would be from one of the subsets. Cards /100 or /50 or /25 have just not been busted as a lot of the product remains sealed. lately you may see a bit more hitting the bay because prices on the boxes have come down to around 80-85$ which is closer to a fair price on these boxes. Given the % of unbusted product think of the /100,/50./25 more like /25,/10,/5

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the info!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

MikeFitzpatrick explained it very well. I collect Jari Kurri and haven't been able to add a card or two from the set for the exact same reason:
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/301092930485?...84.m1438.l2649

SCF Rewards
    Country

It also may because you are basing the price you want to pay compared to its beckett value .... you should be basing your beckett values on how much cards are going for
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

My general rule of thumb for Roenick (star player but not legendary):

Auto = +$20
    Small swatch = +$5
    Two color swatch = +$10
    Patch/cool colors = +$15
    /10 or less = +$10 for each number (in reverse from 10)

Therefore a Belfour/Roenick combo should cost me no more than $40 ($20 each auto with no bonus for /50)

I guess I'll wait for more people to hopefully break the product since Mike noted "prices on the boxes have come down to around 80-85$ which is closer to a fair price on these boxes".

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

My guess: stuff isn't broken much and there are a few set builders.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content