Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Quick Question: Is updating a player's address on the TTMM count.

EX: Say that Matt Kemp was traded tomorrow. If he got traded to the Mets, does adding his mailing address to the Mets count or are we going for completely new additions?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The team feature would be the most useful then I would think card sets (Topps 87, etc) would be second.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Quick Question: Is updating a player's address on the TTMM count.

EX: Say that Matt Kemp was traded tomorrow. If he got traded to the Mets, does adding his mailing address to the Mets count or are we going for completely new additions?

The database counts new addresses added, not new players added. It is just as important to post a new address after one is no longer valid as it is to add a new player.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Could we get a score update?

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

Hi everyone, going down a roster and typing in each players name and their team address is really not the point of the contest. All addresses are appreciated in the TTMM, of course, but typing out a player name and their spring training team address, and then their regular season team address, isn't the point.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

27gridiron 2
    30ranfordfan 1
    34BoJackson16 1
    3shooter15 6
    andyvizzle 1
    arfmax 2
    arinesmith 1
    autographs2010 2
    berube37 1
    bicemusic 4
    biggsy2323 25
    BigRedMachine 1
    BillyOcean 1
    bryson120 14
    buddyg13 2
    Calebssportscards 6
    cardsfan345 1
    cbtvideos 26
    chitownautos 71
    chr5399 1
    Chris819 4
    ChrisjoeNJD 1
    CliffAnderson92 78
    coclarkson 1
    collector41 2
    cool-vintage 1
    crookedvulture68 1
    cubbies4ever 5
    cy young 3
    Dean28 1
    delones24 6
    DHealy26 1
    DnJcards 1
    DonnyBaron45 1
    dravensdad10 2
    druce26 10
    dsolzman 2
    Eddie_2 1
    fihsermanate 1
    galvamega 1
    gdfitch 2
    Gmbs82 3
    gratiotknight 1
    hockeyfan221 3
    imcoop 7
    indyreds 3
    IronpigsJsmull 1
    jdy0385 10
    Jeremy_Falcons 1
    jimmyf21 7
    jkflemm 15
    Jstafford4897 3
    J_A_S_Z 1
    lautnerfied 6
    LeJHa 4
    levi 6
    LRV 1
    marty77 4
    michaeltswank 1
    mikedmatthews 8
    nfllivewire 3
    NyjerMorgan77 6
    Oak 4
    oucats02 7
    Phillies Fan 3
    pjmusickid 1
    primetime27 16
    RAppel14 1
    RealBrianD 2
    reecer31 3
    rickyluke 7
    rinoblast05 2
    Robextend 10
    Rudickulous 112
    Ryanmillerfan30 7
    sanfrangiants55 1
    Sbuhner 1
    Scout85autos 1
    Shilliar 1
    silojohnson 1
    smrbraves 1
    Spiegel83 1
    SportsAholic101 5
    starcollector53 1
    stesurbarsa 1
    Striker83 11
    tberryment 1
    TheNickster17 1
    TideFanDan 6
    trancenental 1
    tyd65 1
    WarHorse 1
    wechillum 1
    wolfman4christ 1
    wongcastle 15
    WVSU71 1
    xtra-innings 1
    Total number of addresses queried: 618

Here is where we sit! Still have time left! Can we break 1,000 addresses this month?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hi everyone, going down a roster and typing in each players name and their team address is really not the point of the contest. All addresses are appreciated in the TTMM, of course, but typing out a player name and their spring training team address, and then their regular season team address, isn't the point.

I agree 100%! Let's build up those home addresses as those are what makes the TTM Database such a great tool!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The numbers I have been posting do not subtract out the c/o team addresses and I will have to count c/o team and subtract them before announcing the final winner. Please look at the original post in this thread and see that I had discussed that to start. You must play fair in the sandbox to win!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have an issue with this. I am fine with not counting additions like ST addresses (in all honesty, we do have like 8 forums for ST, if you wanna get a player, look up what team he's on and the associated address), but like I said in the PM to arfmax, I feel like team addresses shouldnt count against. I used the baseball forum as an example. Any baseball player you can imagine has a team associated with him. Not everybody can get access to home addys, but the teams work too. I have not added to baseball, but one section that I did do/ focused on was basketball, specifically players NOT on the TTMM that should have been. Some players (like Sergey Karasev told me at a charge game) look through their fan mail and will sign there. These addresses, while they may seem simple and pointless, do work! So I ask again, why are they not allowed. I can see where some forms of this is cheating, but if these are legit addresses, why are we banishing those from the contest?

This doesn't hurt me either way, I believe, as I also added a lot of wrestlers and actors, but still just a question on my end.
    Last edited by Rudickulous; 03-25-2014 at 01:00 AM.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

The beauty of the TTMM is precisely the statement that you made above "Not everybody can get access to home addys..." By posting it in the TTMM, then someone who wouldn't normally have access to a home address can use the home address. Anyone with an internet connection can look up a team mailing address, which is good for every player and coach on the team. So the TTMM provides a free central location for the harder to find addresses.

I think it depends on how you look at the TTMM. If you are using it to determine which current player signs TTM and has a high success rate, then having the team address is fine, because you can see that Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks is signing c/o the Mavs. However, if you wanted to get an autograph from Fennis Dembo or Hersey Hawkins, he is not with any team anymore, but a home/mailing address is in the TTMM, and you could send to that and get a success.

Either way, any additions to the TTMM help the autograph community!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast