Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox
    See redsoxcody's Items on eBay

JetBlue Park March 9th-14th In-Person Success and Review

Finally after many years of waiting I had the opportunity to head to Red Sox Spring Training. We attended three games (2 At Jet-Blue & 1 at Hammond Stadium) and went to practice at Jet-Blue every single day. I was in anticipation for autograph heaven and was very happy with the end result yet unhappy with some aspects of the facility. I will make lists of the positives of the trip at Jet-Blue in getting autographs and some negatives as well.

Positives:
    - Minor Leaguer's Everywhere- 5 Fields outback dedicated to Minor League practice. If someone is in minor league camp they are so easy to get autographs. I nailed every top prospect I could imagine and was even lucky to be there after the first round of cuts to get some of the major league camp minor leaguers. They literally walk to the fields with no fence and sign everything for everyone who wants.
    - Minor League Games- They hosted a two minor league games everyday starting on like the 11th. This was sweet as the teams just played against a visiting team either the Orioles of Twins and you were so close to the action. Gave you a chance to also see other teams top prospects which I will discuss later.
    -Legends- Dwight Evans, Tommy Harper, Yaz, Pedro all there helping out. Was lucky to graph the first two but missed the other two by a day..... Nonetheless these guys are out there love to chat and love to autograph. Such a great thing to see former legends helping out the youngsters.
    -Closeness to Major League Practice- You could sit right behind the fence and watch the MLB club practice. Interaction you normally don't get to see as a fan between the players which was sweet.

Negatives:
    - Major League Autographing- The setup makes it so the only way you will get a major league player to sign is if they want to. I was there for week and only got like 2 or 3 MLB Red Sox autos. Certain guys will never sign and only a select few will even look at or acknowledge you. Maybe I had my hopes to high, but I truly did expect a better turnout of MLB Red Sox to sign.

Autographs I got:

Cards:
    Anthony Ranaudo
    Jon Denney
    Teddy Stankiewicz
    Brian Johnson
    Jonny Gomes
    Matt Barnes
    Bryce Brentz

Balls (All SS unless mentioned):
    Tommy Harper
    Shunsuke Watanabe
    Rich Hill (Non-SS)
    Jon Denney
    Mark Canha
    Joe Maddon
    Mookie Betts
    Chris Capuano
    Anthony Ranaudo
    Blake Swihart
    Jonny Gomes
    Garin Cecchini
    Dwight Evans

(Some of my Nicer SS Prospect Autos)

Matt Barnes
    Jake Marsinick
    Henry Owens
    Trey Ball
    Colin Moran
    Christian Yelich
    AND The Big One
    securedownload.jpg(sorry it's upside Down)

BYRON BUXTON!!! He only signed like 6 and I got lucky enough. Best graph for sure and an awesome trip! Hope you all enjoyed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How ironic, Jon Denney just got arrested again.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox

How ironic, Jon Denney just got arrested again.

I know. Got arrested while I was down there. Was very put offish while signing you could sense an ego.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Marlins Miami Heat
    See cypress561's Items on eBay

Awesome!! Are any of the balls FT? The Canha or the Moran or Yelich? LMk plz

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox

Awesome!! Are any of the balls FT? The Canha or the Moran or Yelich? LMk plz

Id trade the canha but gonna hang on to the other two. lmk what you may want via PM

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Marlins Miami Heat
    See cypress561's Items on eBay

pm has been sent to you!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pretty cool! I've been wanting to make it to JetBlue the past couple years, but can't pass up the access at Hammond Stadium for all I've heard about how terrible the Sox and JetBlue is for ML guys.
    Hidden Content
    I collect Packers, Buckeyes, Indians, Blue Jackets, Anthony Schlegel, and Nikita Nikitin
    R.I.P Stefanie Spielman, Dante Lavelli, Bob Feller, Jack Tatum

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for the information. I avoid Legends (Steinbrenner) Field in Tampa where the Yankees train and Jet Blue Park in Ft. Myers where the Red Sox train due to the crowds and inaccessabilty of the players. It's rare to get a big name to sign and when they do, people go crazy and it turns into a shoving match. For autographs, Bradenton (Pirates), Port Charlotte (Rays), Kissimmee (Astros), and Clearwater (Phillies) are the best in my experience.