Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need advice

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mreskaus's Items on eBay

need advice

the wife agreed to let me try&bust a csae of hockey&try to make some money.what would be the best case to break?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

To actually make some money? Egad...I don't think any would make you any money.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Want High reward? Just like anything else, have to take a high risk, 13/14 Cup and pray you hit a Mackinnon....or to lesser extent, around a dozen other top ARP's from this year...the 2 Gallys', Hertl, Nichushkin, etc etc....

Wonder what the price will be for the double RC class Cup box..$500 for 5 cards....although have to say, your odds are WAY better than buying $500 worth of lotto tickets ;P
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Devyn0417's Items on eBay

Wife agreed on you making money busting wax ? Oh my. Here is a challenge, go watch all the vids uploaded on youtube and find me a couple which would have made money. A PC item and break even is good hope I would think.

SCF Rewards
    Country

buy a case of the cup. high risk, high reward!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

So i assume you already know this is a losing proposition. For this to even be possible you have to rip the most current product and be the first or one of the first to have it up on Ebay. Your best odds are The Cup, wait until fall and grab yourself a case. I know i will!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

So i assume you already know this is a losing proposition. For this to even be possible you have to rip the most current product and be the first or one of the first to have it up on Ebay. Your best odds are The Cup, wait until fall and grab yourself a case. I know i will!

The Fall, that long?...:/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

I've had good experience with ITG 1972. There are a ton of short prints and there were several people who were trying to put together the autograph set and that really boosted the value of SP. Not sure about current collectors

I will tell you that the market has softened on that set, but its still quite easy to pull $50+ autos and other really nice items in a case. Plus, cases can still be gotten for under 600. Be forewarned: You have to sell the base sets to make a profit and be prepared to sit on that stuff for years. I bought in 2011 and it took me almost 2-2.5 years of sales before I sold enough to get a profit and I only finished selling the last few items recently.

GL & Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mreskaus's Items on eBay

thanks for the replies;i bought a case of totally certified.hopefully i will make some of my money back so it isnt that bad of a investment.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

Ouch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast