Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 13-14 btp?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See p31le's Items on eBay

The amazing selection of vintage pieces is what I love about ITG. You really get the history of hockey.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

does it not bother you that you cannot see the logos or team names. I mean the NHL is all about the teams and its players. To me unlicensed products will always be 2nd rate and not considered worthy of my money. If I am spending on boxes or cards I want NHL licensed cards. 2nd rate companies like ITG further flood the market with cards that many of us do not want. I hope they do not attain a license.

So do you buy cards to resell or collect? Does it matter if it is licensed or not? There are more people that collect ITG than you know. As stated you get better vintage pieces from ITG. Does UD or Panini state where the jersey came from? I very rarely see ITG put a St Louis Blues Jersey in a NJ Devils pictured Shanahan card. I mainly buy ITG because you have a better chance of pulling a HOF or Superstar as opposed to the millions of 4th line GU'd from UD.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can't wait to see what you get out of it. Good Luck

SCF Rewards
    Country

So do you buy cards to resell or collect? Does it matter if it is licensed or not? There are more people that collect ITG than you know. As stated you get better vintage pieces from ITG. Does UD or Panini state where the jersey came from? I very rarely see ITG put a St Louis Blues Jersey in a NJ Devils pictured Shanahan card. I mainly buy ITG because you have a better chance of pulling a HOF or Superstar as opposed to the millions of 4th line GU'd from UD.

#truth

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See deucegroup's Items on eBay

I'm not a big ITG fan although I do like some of it, specially BTP because they have the Team Canada logos on the masks... but I can never understand the desire of trolling like MW Connection did, does it bother you that much that people collect what they want and not what you want?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Andrew_zachary1988's Items on eBay

pulling a HOF or Superstar as opposed to the millions of 4th line GU'd from UD.

Yep. This is the biggest thing. I have an endless collection of UD and Panini autos/gu from guys that have only played a handful of games in the NHL, guys that make you wonder why the hell anyone would put them on a hockey card, let alone a GU or Auto.

One thing people forget is that although ITG doesn't have a NHL license, they have the CHL license, which is huge. To have autos of kids in junior uniforms, before they make it big, that's a big draw for me and is why Heroes and Prospects is one of the best sets out there IMO.
    Last edited by AndrewZachary; 04-17-2014 at 11:33 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am sorry to everyone. I was having a bad day and should not have been so rude about ITG. I cannot fully understand the draw for it but I can respect the collectors that like it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Upper Deck uses same retired players year after year with very few revisions...ITG gives a lot retired star/superstars/forgotten players some cards so their fans can enjoy while UD doesn't but makes a lot
    insane cards with absolute worthless players like Tony Twist in their most premium products like The Cup which is pretty uppsetting!
    Plus they still uses Joe Thornton pieces from his Boston lids on a card pictured with his Sharks uniform!

ITG, Panini + UD have their strenghts and weakness but we must respect that everyone who collects cards has different tastes and habits, if you doesn't like about something so that don't means that everyone does too only becuase you do!
    It's pretty stupid to trolling when someone who is totally new in the hobby and isn't fully aware of the world of hobby yet...

Stickwork is the best selling series this season and it's from ITG!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

does it not bother you that you cannot see the logos or team names. I mean the NHL is all about the teams and its players. To me unlicensed products will always be 2nd rate and not considered worthy of my money. If I am spending on boxes or cards I want NHL licensed cards. 2nd rate companies like ITG further flood the market with cards that many of us do not want. I hope they do not attain a license.

Stop trolling ITG threads and go back under your rock. They make better game-used memorabilia cards than any other company, the end.

Edit: Didn't see your apology so I'll take back the rock comment and rather offer some advice; TRY a box of BTP or H&P and see what you think. I was never a huge fan until I tried their product and now almost exclusively bust their products.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See allenhawks's Items on eBay

Love BTP, buy them every year, can't wait for this years edition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast