Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I really feel bad for these girls and their families and I offer all of my thoughts, prayers and best wishes.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I really feel bad for these girls and their families and I offer all of my thoughts, prayers and best wishes.

If you truly cared you would click like AND share. That's real activism!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

If you truly cared you would click like AND share. That's real activism!

I'll be right on top of it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

It's the president of Nigeria's fault. I didn't say it was Obama's fault. No one did.

We are saying how tweeting will do nothing to solve what is going on over there right now. #yourepathetic

I get the criticism of her tweet and picture and the comparison to the culture these days of a lot of people grabbing their cell phones rather than helping people out directly, but it's not really like Michelle Obama can really help outside of bringing awareness to the story. If you want to lump her into the entire administration so be it, but do you think that tweet is the only thing the administration has done to help with this mass kidnapping?

As far as the solution and how the U.S. should act I really don't know. Obviously my first reaction would be to help, but is this something we should be getting into. I don't know enough to really form an exact opinion either way.
    Last edited by Star_Cards; 05-19-2014 at 12:57 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

I get the criticism of her tweet and picture and the comparison to the culture these days of a lot of people grabbing their cell phones rather than helping people out directly, but it's not really like Michelle Obama can really help outside of bringing awareness to the story. If you want to lump her into the entire administration so be it, but do you think that tweet is the only thing the administration has done to help with this mass kidnapping?

As far as the solution and how the U.S. should act I really don't know. Obviously my first reaction would be to help, but is this something we should be getting into. I don't know enough to really form an exact opinion either way.

I know there's situations that nothing can be done by the common person.

I'm lumping her up with every moron who thinks that they are doing something great by sharing a photo or liking something.

I know that I am helping when I donate money to an organization. I know that liking it on facebook will do nothing.

I have no idea what the solution is either. No matter what the solution turns out to be not everyone is going to agree with it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

Please stop....it's not about that...

Social media is not used in that fashion, it's used to bring people together, and when a big story like this goes viral and people are outraged....NEWS GETS OUT.

People LISTEN! ALL OF THEM.....including world leaders.

Again, do you really think anyone would do anything if it wasn't for the world anger at this?

Rush and other GOP members DID.

I gave a link where Jon Stewart talked about it, but here is more video.

2 MILLION people worldwide tweeted the hashtag "bringbackourgirls"....the story made news WORLDWIDE....people get angry....they pressure world leaders, they SHAME Nigera (Just like Stewart said)...

And guess what....IT WORKED!

World leaders (specifically African leaders) got together and said something must be done about Boko Haram.

I wonder why?

Boko Haram isn't new....they've been around for years, why until now do they decide to do anything?

Maybe due to the worldwide outrage?

Yeah, I think so.

Haram is not new but him kidnapping those girls is. There would be worldwide outrage without social media.

http://blog.peerreach.com/ - I think Africa could care less about twitter

I don't listen to that airbag limbaugh. The only time I've listened to jon lebowitz was when he was talking about that rancher bundy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I feel bad for these families and girls.
    My question would be what about the tens of thousands of abducted children in our own country? where is the extra money or military help?
    where are the tweets?
    Sure, the Amber alert is good and many orgs are out there, but we have over 2000 kids missing a day, every day.

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-21-15-34-14

Obama: 80 US troops in Chad seeking abducted girls
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

AHEM....

http://news.yahoo.com/boko-haram-wes...150951065.html

Now, why do you think that world leaders are suddenly willing to go to "total war" with Boko Haram if not for the WORLD WIDE anger which was SPREAD on the internet including social media?

Oh b-b-but social media does NOTHING....the GOP told me so!

They did a cartoon that mocked social media....even though it was through social media that this became such a BIG topic world wide.

How can anyone not think that social media doesn't make a difference?

We live in the internet age....social media is HUGE.

^And how exactly did the world get so interested in these young girls?

Maybe....just maybe it's because the world IS connected....by the internet, where information spreads like wildfire, where social media can unite people to put PRESSURE on their leaders to do something about unjust things.

http://www.thewrap.com/jon-stewart-b...-saveourgirls/

^BTW, check out the video by Jon Stewart....where they show how the #BringBackOurGirls got so big and united people ALL OVER THE WORLD to become outraged by this story and to put pressure and bring SHAME unto Nigeria.

And guess what....IT WORKED!

Screw you RUSH and all the GOP morons who mocked social media on this matter....social media is a million times more effective than you good-for-nothing bums!

AHEM...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rnational.html

Missing Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram have been brainwashed into killing and torturing the terror group's other prisoners, it has been revealed.

Other women who were captured by the Islamist group claim they were held in the same camp as some of the kidnapped schoolgirls, who are now carrying out killings on behalf of their captors.

Amnesty International said it is aware that out of the 276 girls abducted from from their boarding school by the Islamist groups more than a year ago, some of 219 still missing have been forced to fight for Boko Haram.

Human rights activists at Amnesty International said their own research uncovered evidence that a number of the Chilcot schoolgirls were now fighting for Boko Haram.

Netsanet Belay, a director within the Africa, department of the charity, said: 'The abduction and brutalisation of young women and girls seems to be part of the modus operandi of Boko Haram,'

The Islamist terror group has abducted thousands of women and girls in recent years

Earlier this week it was reported two teenage girls who killed at least 30 people in a twin suicide bomb attack in Nigeria were feared to have been Boko Haram captives who were forced to blow themselves up.

Yup the hashtag stuff so worked in this case.....basically it has been a year later and nothing happened. Well nothing positive has happened. Social media can do some things but it still takes good guys to defeat bad guys. And no I'm not or ever was asking for the US to invade or send ground troops. But I still haven't gotten an answer to why Obama has ignored the countries in Africa pleading for help with wanting US drone strikes to take out Boko Haram. Seems like it would be a perfect use of US drone strikes in this case.

Also how is that whole Arab Spring thing working out? Going pretty well in Tunisia, Libya, Yemen, etc at the moment?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

#oops #howsoonweforget #coffeeshoppolitics

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast