Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Beautifully played. That was the EXACT intention of that thread.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Well, as a pilot, I can say that you don't always have flexibility to alter courses due to the mass amounts of airplanes in the sky...Also, avoiding huge areas of land can be very costly and may not even be possible due to time requirements of crew and the planes. It is possible, but the airlines pay the price for it with increased operating costs. On top of all of this, they've flown over the exact same area, along with thousands of other planes, for awhile now with no issues.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well, as a pilot, I can say that you don't always have flexibility to alter courses due to the mass amounts of airplanes in the sky...Also, avoiding huge areas of land can be very costly and may not even be possible due to time requirements of crew and the planes. It is possible, but the airlines pay the price for it with increased operating costs. On top of all of this, they've flown over the exact same area, along with thousands of other planes, for awhile now with no issues.

It seems to me any sort of war zone should treated as a no fly zone for commercial flights. They already exist in quite a few areas.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It seems to me any sort of war zone should treated as a no fly zone for commercial flights. They already exist in quite a few areas.

In most cases, it is left up to the management of an individual airline... many countries have 'no-fly lists' for many Middle East and African airlines...there are dozens of airlines that are not allowed to fly into the EU. Where are you referring to the no fly zones that are currently in effect?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

In most cases, it is left up to the management of an individual airline... many countries have 'no-fly lists' for many Middle East and African airlines...there are dozens of airlines that are not allowed to fly into the EU. Where are you referring to the no fly zones that are currently in effect?

Well, I imagine I'm nowhere near as versed as you, but isn't at least Gaza and whatnot a no fly? I don't know, maybe it isn't feasible, but it seems wrong to fly customers through a war zone to save time and/or fuel.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, I imagine I'm nowhere near as versed as you, but isn't at least Gaza and whatnot a no fly? I don't know, maybe it isn't feasible, but it seems wrong to fly customers through a war zone to save time and/or fuel.

I did a quick search just to make sure I wasn't making things up-- and there was a plane over Palestine going to Dubai. Granted, it is not a popular routing for obvious reasons, and many airlines request/plan to be flown around, but if it is busy, or to save money, it may not be an option to go around. Planes still fly over Syria, even North Korea. The planes nowadays are so jampacked and already flown to their limits that an hour of diversion time to get around particular spots simply won't work.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nobody has mentioned this....but can you imagine the management at Malaysia Airlines? Two $300 million dollar jets down the drain in 5 months...all of the payments to the family members...and they were already losing hundreds of millions of dollars a year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

and the latest people are saying Putin created a straw dog.

he gave the weapons to his people inside of Ukraine so they could shot it down, blame Ukraine and evade.

russia is like the u.s.,dont need a reason to invade,makes it more convenient but not necessary

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

russia is like the u.s.,dont need a reason to invade,makes it more convenient but not necessary

so where has the US invaded to take over?

Everywhere we go, we end up leaving.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Never saw Obama move so fast to respond.

Only if he could move at 1/10th of that speed to secure the border.

Right on queue.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast