Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

well obviously it was safe years ago or even 6 months ago. I heard that they've shot down some military planes days prior to yesterday. I was thinking maybe the people creating flight paths would know about that... Maybe not.

Definitely wrong place wrong time and pretty crazy to think a commercial plane at 30,000 would be shot down.

Sorry. I wasn't clear with that post. As I mentioned above, they fly the same routes year after year after year and really don't alter them. Even one small diversion in flight path could have this effect:

Example:

Plane flying to London to Kuala Lumpur- usually takes 10 hours (hypothetically)...
    Goes far away from Russia/Ukraine, adds 1 hour to trip...
    The plane used to land at 10PM, and the plane then left for its next flight at 11:30....
    Now with the diversion, it doesn't land until 11PM, which means it cannot leave until 12:30...
    It then goes back to London, using the same diverted path, meaning the plane is now 2 hours behind what it could have been.

The hours quickly add up, and every hour the plane is not carrying new passengers/flights, it is losing hundreds of thousands of dollars.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I think this is a pretty good article. http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalk...didnt-make-it/

As it should be...flying over the warzone is now closed except for military and governmental aircraft. 3 planes have now been shot down in a week.

Interesting read. It' seems odd that other carriers changed their paths months ago and Malaysia hadn't.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Sorry. I wasn't clear with that post. As I mentioned above, they fly the same routes year after year after year and really don't alter them. Even one small diversion in flight path could have this effect:

Example:

Plane flying to London to Kuala Lumpur- usually takes 10 hours (hypothetically)...
    The plane used to land at 10PM, and the plane then left for its next flight at 11:30....
    Now with the diversion, it doesn't land until 11PM, which means it cannot leave until 12:30...
    It then goes back to London, using the same diverted path, meaning the plane is now 2 hours behind what it could have been.

The hours quickly add up, and every hour the plane is not carrying new passengers/flights, it is losing hundreds of thousands of dollars.

This is going to cost more than that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Interesting read. It' seems odd that other carriers changed their paths months ago and Malaysia hadn't.

Malaysia was one of the few who were trying to save money, likely because they are practically already bankrupt and had no idea this would have happened.
    This is going to cost more than that.

Absolutely. That one plane costs nearly $300 million, plus now they are short a plane, have to cancel flights, and now have even fewer routes to make money on. But, nobody would have guessed this would have happened. It's a risk that some airline managers are willing to take.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Absolutely. That one plane costs nearly $300 million, plus now they are short a plane, have to cancel flights, and now have even fewer routes to make money on. But, nobody would have guessed this would have happened. It's a risk that some airline managers are willing to take.

No one could have predicted this exact scenario, but I thin many could have guessed something like this could easily happen. I understand cost saving and time saving for cost saving, but flying civilian customers through a war zone just sounds like terrible, terrible business.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No one could have predicted this exact scenario, but I thin many could have guessed something like this could easily happen. I understand cost saving and time saving for cost saving, but flying civilian customers through a war zone just sounds like terrible, terrible business.

It's an airline. Would you expect anything different? Then again, you are from Canada, so I guess you aren't really subjected to the US Airlines like we are. You've got WestJet and Air Canada. We've got airlines that charge you $5 for a water and $100 for a carry on bag.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Example:

I get that, but according to the link you posted there were other airlines that stopped crossing their planes over the area. I get that this is a recent occurrence but seems to me that if military aircraft is being shot down in an area they would alter routes.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It's an airline. Would you expect anything different? Then again, you are from Canada, so I guess you aren't really subjected to the US Airlines like we are. You've got WestJet and Air Canada. We've got airlines that charge you $5 for a water and $100 for a carry on bag.

West jet is decent. How Air Canada is still going is beyond me. They're terrible.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Law enforcement would no longer exist. Hell, neither would white people.

Only the tea party and extremist right wingers would cease to exist. Hmm some people on here are already starting to shake in their boots......
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Only the tea party and extremist right wingers would cease to exist. Hmm some people on here are already starting to shake in their boots......

So from your perspective, that's any white person who doesn't agree to be your indentures servant, correct?

I only ask because that's the basic impression you've left on most people here.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast