Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dlhdaman's Items on eBay

Trade rules regarding non-paypal transactions

I did a recent deal with a guy who often times says in his tagline that he doesn't have paypal and doesn't accept paypal...so I complied and sent a Postal money order within 2 days...13 days later he claims that the Trade Forum rules state that he can chose to wait 3 days after the cash is received to send and he has decided to invoke that rule for our deal...is this shady or am I overreacting? I had sent several PMs for status and he didn't respond to any until he received the MO...thoughts?

Doug

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See soouthpaw17's Items on eBay

First I would say, it is 2014 get paypal. Secondly I believe you are right.
    Don't ask to trade by book value. No one has traded by book value since ebay has existed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If I was buying and could only offer cash, then yes, wait til you get it, but since he didn't accept paypal...if I have a sufficient rating, there is no reason I should wait!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See soouthpaw17's Items on eBay

Once he received he should have mailed out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If he doesn't state in the deal that he doesn't accept and he doesn't mail..I can understand it...and I probably would have stayed away
    Once he received he should have mailed out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

did you send with tracking?

13 days is a long time, and no response is not a good thing. I would consider PMing a mod or reporting the trade if he does not respond.

here are the rules

Section 1.03 Buying/Selling in transactions that involve a buy/sell for cash, paypal, etc.:
    (a) Buyer is expected to send payment first. In the event the Seller has less than 20 feedback or is a permanent MSF member, refer to Section 2.01 and 2.05
    (b) Seller sends upon receipt of payment (unless agreed upon otherwise). Seller must send within 3 days in accordance with Section 5.07
    (c) Any agreements outside of this protocol should be documented in the Trade Manager

Section 5.07 How long do I have to send my end:
    Trades must be sent within 3 working days of confirming in the Trade Manager unless other terms are negotiated and listed in the trade manager (see 6.06). This applies to paypal payments as well. This section does not supersede Article II – MSF.

Working days constitute Monday through Saturday as this is when the PO is open.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/faq.php?faq=r

if you need any help pm me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How much cash was it? Thatll give us a clue how this will end....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I really only deal in PAypal now a days because you and the other person are protected

SCF Rewards
    Country

Only $50 and the guy has huge feedback..I'm not necessarily concerned about receiving..more a question of since I am established, he should have sent immediately...
    How much cash was it? Thatll give us a clue how this will end....

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

The rules state a seller has up to three days to send after receiving payment. If you can't prove that he received it more than three days ago, he is within the site's guidelines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast