Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Heard the midnight breaks were rough as expected. ..

Most boxes will be like $15 value while people go thru 150 boxes to get one ice premieres card. ...lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

You know it's bad when people are leaving breaks they signed up for today. 1st day release. ..

Nothing like going thru 75 boxes and getting one /299 redemption rookie.....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Anyone have links to the videos of the midnight breaks? Searched Youtube and came up with nothing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here are 2 from Breakaway:

http://breakawaysc.com/ultimate-midnight-break-results/

First case had a Mack /25 with 4 colour patches, 2nd case a Rielly Ice Premieres /10 but outside of those 2 it was pretty rough going.

Not a product I'd consider for GB's or for box purchases (just my opinion though). I mean you're looking at a base card and a rookie /499 as guarantees (so $5 if you're lucky in value), and then......2 cards to hold $115 value. Most boxes had some low end auto (a Masterpieces if you're really lucky) and a GU.

Seems like a risk at $80 but one that would be worth taking. At over $100 it seems crazy.

There are some really nice cards to be had, but they seem really few and far between. Of course they had to include 12-13 product again in the 4 card boxes

Edit: I should add that it seems that based on those 2 cases the product seems to hold close to value on a case basis. I personally don't open cases, so a 2-3/15 chance at a big hit breaking a box seems like odds I'm not willing to take. Same with GB's. If I were a case breaker, based solely on those 2 cases it's a decent product. My first ever case is coming up and it will be NT. Hope it won't be a dud!
    Last edited by Chev-boyar-sky; 08-20-2014 at 09:32 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (9)
    Country
    See baddaddy58's Items on eBay

I was in 7 case breaks late last night. Instead of buying a case of Ultimate like i usually do i went for four teams in six cases of team select and 4 spots in a random draft.
    The random i was in was extremely weak but still had an O'Reilly and Gibson rookies /99.
    From the other cases i ended up with /99 rookies Barkov , Galchenyuk , Monahan and MacKinnon.
    Also had a nice Galchenyuk ice premieres /10 pulled for me , MacKinnon masterpiece auto , MacKinnon auto X 2 , Monahan auto , Theo Fluery masterpiece auto and 97 Legends Theo.
    A couple of nice cards i did not win were a Dumba ice premieres /10 and Jensen shield 1/1
    UD Ultimate has always been a hit or miss product.
    If you are only buying one box or one team in a group break you are likely to be disappointed in the results.
    I remember the last case i opened 11/12 Ultimate seeing the patch /25 Oilers colors AND Leonart Pettrell /25 :(
    Did pull the Nuge /25 3 colors 4 breaks from 5 loose packs though :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was in 7 case breaks late last night. Instead of buying a case of Ultimate like i usually do i went for four teams in six cases of team select and 4 spots in a random draft.
    The random i was in was extremely weak but still had an O'Reilly and Gibson rookies /99.
    From the other cases i ended up with /99 rookies Barkov , Galchenyuk , Monahan and MacKinnon.
    Also had a nice Galchenyuk ice premieres /10 pulled for me , MacKinnon masterpiece auto , MacKinnon auto X 2 , Monahan auto , Theo Fluery masterpiece auto and 97 Legends Theo.
    A couple of nice cards i did not win were a Dumba ice premieres /10 and Jensen shield 1/1
    UD Ultimate has always been a hit or miss product.
    If you are only buying one box or one team in a group break you are likely to be disappointed in the results.
    I remember the last case i opened 11/12 Ultimate seeing the patch /25 Oilers colors AND Leonart Pettrell /25 :(
    Did pull the Nuge /25 3 colors 4 breaks from 5 loose packs though :)

Good for you, I guess.

Not sure that speaks to the quality of the product, or ROI in boxes or GB's.

You were in 4 cases and had 4 spots in 1 case? If so you were more lucky than anyone all night as you walked away with all the /99's. Hardly anyone will have anywhere near that kind of luck.

Also you either got very lucky with MTL and COL in drafts or you paid a hefty premium to start with and got lucky. Again, for 95% of people in the breaks last night it was much more miss than hit.

Congrats on the nice cards but imagine If you'd had MTL in the cases last night (link posted), or COL in the 2nd case, or FLA or CGY you wouldn't feel the same way.

I'm in plenty of breaks so I know that they're risky but take, as an example Prime (not saying it's the perfect product either). 8 boxes x 8 cards per box (some have 7). 2-3 base per box so call it 5 "hits" per box that's 40 hits per case of varying varieties. Ultimate 15 boxes (wow!), 4 cards per box, effectively 2 base cards (one's a rookie /499) per pack. So really you're looking at 30 hits per case. That's 1 per team, on average.

So I'm sure some people will end up getting lucky on this, and the nice hits are really nice, but from on odds perspective it seems it has the makings of a disaster for most.

Edit: I'd add NT as another example. Apparently most boxes will have 11-13 cards. Not sure how many base but that's 44-52 cards total. I'm guessing there'll be at least 30 hits in a case, for roughly the same price on a case ($100-200 more?).
    Last edited by Chev-boyar-sky; 08-20-2014 at 10:48 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Good for you, I guess.

Not sure that speaks to the quality of the product, or ROI in boxes or GB's.

You were in 4 cases and had 4 spots in 1 case? If so you were more lucky than anyone all night as you walked away with all the /99's. Hardly anyone will have anywhere near that kind of luck.

Also you either got very lucky with MTL and COL in drafts or you paid a hefty premium to start with and got lucky. Again, for 95% of people in the breaks last night it was much more miss than hit.

Congrats on the nice cards but imagine If you'd had MTL in the cases last night (link posted), or COL in the 2nd case, or FLA or CGY you wouldn't feel the same way.

I'm in plenty of breaks so I know that they're risky but take, as an example Prime (not saying it's the perfect product either). 8 boxes x 8 cards per box (some have 7). 2-3 base per box so call it 5 "hits" per box that's 40 hits per case of varying varieties. Ultimate 15 boxes (wow!), 4 cards per box, effectively 2 base cards (one's a rookie /499) per pack. So really you're looking at 30 hits per case. That's 1 per team, on average.

So I'm sure some people will end up getting lucky on this, and the nice hits are really nice, but from on odds perspective it seems it has the makings of a disaster for most.

Edit: I'd add NT as another example. Apparently most boxes will have 11-13 cards. Not sure how many base but that's 44-52 cards total. I'm guessing there'll be at least 30 hits in a case, for roughly the same price on a case ($100-200 more?).

Both Prime & NT are more $ than Ultimate, by about $200 on Prime anyhow. I think NT will be a bit more than that, but not sure. I think as long as you do your research you can come out pretty well on the GBs for Ultimate.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (9)
    Country
    See baddaddy58's Items on eBay

Sure i think NT will be better value with more hits per box / pack and a little higher cost.
    From what i saw last night you can still do well when you pick multiple teams in a case break of Ultimate.
    Can you imagine if you had Colorado in a break and a Mackinnon shield or ice premieres patch auto /10 came out from that case.
    In the long run that would do better then just about anything you could pull from NT , Prime , Dominion and the like.
    Sure there will be lots of hype for NT but i don't think the rookies will hold their value over time (could be wrong)
    Like i said before your chances with one team or one box / pack of Ultimate are extremely slim but you never know.
    In the past i have seen someone get a Hall Cup rookie /99 with one team in a random group break and countless shields pulled with just one team.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Both Prime & NT are more $ than Ultimate, by about $200 on Prime anyhow. I think NT will be a bit more than that, but not sure. I think as long as you do your research you can come out pretty well on the GBs for Ultimate.

UC = 4 cards = $100
    Prime = 8 cards =$200

If you do research every team is bad value except buffalo.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Typical box break....

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast