Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Fair price for this Shield?

I never start a thread asking for value but I need some help. I never owned a shield before and I have no idea what they go for. I saw 2 Beau Bennett Shield cards up for sale (Ultimate and Dominion) I wanted the Ultimate but it was already sold for $400. I was going to put this thread up for it but then it sold. Im now left with the Dominion Shield which is fine.

I want to make a fair offer on it but I really don't know were to start. Was $400 for the Bennett Ultimate High, Avarage, or A good price?

What would be a fair offer on this one (Dominion Shield)? http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-14-Panini-Dominion-Beau-Bennett-rookie-ensigns-nhl-shield-w-auto-1-1-MINT-/121415544995?pt=US_Autographed_Trading_Cards&hash= item1c44ee30a3

Hopefully someone can help me out! Thanks in advance!
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See the*cup's Items on eBay

Hi,

Too bad you missed out on the Ultimate - I think the seller could have gotten at least $100 more.

If I were you, I would save my money for the Bennett base parallel shield in National Treasures. There will also likely be another solo shield in NT and a dual in The Cup (Bennett/Bennett).

The Rookie Ensigns in general do not sell for NEARLY as much as the Ultimate shields (since the latter had a five year head start). Just wait and see if it goes to auction and you'll probably get it for $200.

Good luck and have fun :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think you should look at the card and decide on price you are willing to pay and down the road won't regret you spent x amount on the card

PS .. Maybe it is only worth 200$ ( not debating the quote above ) but if i pulled that and it only is worth 200 ( less the 1 box price ) I would be sad

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Personally.. I wouldn't take $200 for it if it was in my possession, but I have a thing for rookie 1/1s. Dominion Ensigns don't fetch a ton, but they still should be worth a bit more. I'd rank (single) shield's in the following order in terms of $:

The Cup
    Ultimate
    National Treasures
    Dominion
    Prime

That's all IMO, and all based on expected resale value. Bennett's Cup Shield on day 1 will probably go for 800+ I imagine...

and

IF it helps you at all, I pulled & sold the Tyler Toffoli Dominion Silver Ensigns for around $450 if memory serves me correct. Somewhat comparable player?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thorni2's Items on eBay

I think Ultimate shields are the best and then comes The Cup.

Maybe $250-300 for Dominion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Thanks guys for all the help! I would love to wait for the Cup one and NT but those are out of my price range. I think ill make an offer within the next few days on the Dominion probably $250 maybe a little less. Thanks again!