Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Police

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

The Police

How many of you have had a direct bad experience with the police, not your friend, cousin, or brother, but you?

how many of you have had to call the police for any form of help?

how many of you have had an encounter with the police that could have been bad, but turned out good?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

1: Yes. Pulled over in the parking lot of my work for...well, he never told me. Just ran my license and made me sit there, at work, while his lights flashed and he ran my license for ten minutes. He gave me my lisence back and I asked him what this was about. His response was a dirty look and a grunt. It was a little embarrassing in front of my boss, coworkers, and customers. You'd think he'd at least have a reason. I know that it's not a heating or a shooting, but my boss was convinced I was wanted by police after that.

2: Yes, but they never showed up. Luckily nothing happened.

3: Yes. Every event with alcohol served I've ever attended.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

So your boss stereotypes people. If your boss does that he sounds like a jerk.
    1: Yes. Pulled over in the parking lot of my work for...well, he never told me. Just ran my license and made me sit there, at work, while his lights flashed and he ran my license for ten minutes. He gave me my lisence back and I asked him what this was about. His response was a dirty look and a grunt. It was a little embarrassing in front of my boss, coworkers, and customers. You'd think he'd at least have a reason. I know that it's not a heating or a shooting, but my boss was convinced I was wanted by police after that.

2: Yes, but they never showed up. Luckily nothing happened.

3: Yes. Every event with alcohol served I've ever attended.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So your boss stereotypes people. If your boss does that he sounds like a jerk.

He was, but he's not the topic. Neither am I.

This is what I mean Jay. He won't stop.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ty i was answering your post come on I am trying to act like an adult like you always tell me. Please do the same
    He was, but he's not the topic. Neither am I.

This is what I mean Jay. He won't stop.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was harassed by NJ state police driving over the Outerbridge when I was 18 and going back to Staten Island to see my girlfriend. He pulled me over for driving in the left lane too long.The he asked if eh could search my car. I said "no why would you". I then gave him my license, registration and my aunt's shield card as she was a NY detective at the time. The cop said to me" is this supposed to help" I said " no but my aunt told me to give it with my stuff if I got pulled over". He finally let me go but it was a harassing 25 minutes. So that is why I try to act differently when I have to deal with the public and with prisoners. He got up on the wrong side of the bed. 1 cop out of about 200 NJ state cops.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Ty i was answering your post come on I am trying to act like an adult like you always tell me. Please do the same

Sorry. I thought this was another attempt to change the subject to me. That's my bad.

He was a jerk, but so was the cop. I pulled into work, which was right next to a (really great) restaurant. There was a cop car taking up the last (clearly reserved for me and my coworkers) parking spot in our lot. So I parked in the restaurant lot and went to work thinking I'd move when he did. The only spot there was right in front of the restaurant and he was sitting right there eating his pancakes. I parked, got out, and noticed him giving me the dirtiest look I'd seen in a while. I shrugged it off, went into work and started my opening procedure. A few minutes later, I saw him walking to his car, so I grabbed my keys and went to move mine.

This guy actually doubled back, going the wrong way in a one way parking lot (the two were connected) to pull me over right in front of my place of work and harrasment me with no given reason. He had his lights flashing and everything. Made me sit there for 5-10 minutes while everyone watched; boss, coworkers, customers, passers by.

My boss wasn't so much a stereotyper as he thought the police could do no wrong. In every case, no matter what, he would side with police. So when I told him I was never even given a reason, he basically called me a liar.

Funny thing, I was in a glass shop and we did a fair amount of work on police windshields (pit repairs, etc) so I knew a few of them. I'd seen this guy before too, but not as a customer of ours. When I described him and what he did to other cops, they would just nod before telling me "Yeah. He does that. He thinks it's fun to make people sweat. You're not the first and you won't be the last." Yet no one could do anything about it because of his seniority, which to me shows a broken system.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well it is not a joke to make people sweat. That is just ignorant.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well it is not a joke to make people sweat. That is just ignorant.

One of the other guys told me his game was to try and get young guys (I was about 23-24 at the time) to get themselves arrested. He seemed to really hate the guy though, so I'm not sure how accurate that was. Wouldn't surprise me though.

Just to show I don't only see it one way, back when I was in a band, we played this great little bar in a town that was the bar, a corner store, and 2 houses next to a ballfield. They would draw from several surrounding towns, so it was no surprise when an officer rolled in towards the end of the night to do a walk through, check IDs and make sure the drunkz had rides home. As it turned out, he had once arrested the guitarist in the other band for breaking into his own car. The two of them talked about it and it could have been a bad scene. The cop was apologetic while explaining that night and ended up letting the guitarist hit the lights and siren in the parking lot. At the same time we were all standing around outside, one of the bar's cooks came out for a smoke. He saw the cop and immediately went off on a rant to me about how this guy is trying to ruin everyone's good time.

I walked away. That cop was the nicest guy ever and a credit to his uniform.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 08-27-2014 at 01:18 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you for an 2 honest experiences. I hope others here do the same as we all can get a better understanding on our stances. Like mother said one bad apple does not spoil the bunch. But that bad apple can make you deathly ill.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast