Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

not sure how to address that fallacy, but saying it wouldn't shock you makes it personal, so I can't say a personal feeling someone else may have is wrong.

So the police were called, they showed up, did the job they get paid to do, and now have been badmouthed for no other reason than for someone coming up with a situation that never has happened and did not happen.

What fallacy? That the entire state is insane? That's no fallacy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another "Hey look at me, Atheist and hate America protest"

This actually has NOTHING to do with atheists or "hating" America.

If anything it's the COMPLETE opposite.

#1 It may come to you as a surprise but there are MANY religious groups that would NOT rise to the pledge since they see that as an idolization of the flag/country.....there are some JWs for sure that don't rise for the pledge for this very reason, other evangelicals as well don't do it.

#2 Ironically it is the individuals on the video who dislike America....at least the part about separation of state and having individuals be able to display their RIGHTS to NOT stand up for the pledge if they so wish to do so.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

Another "Hey look at me, Atheist and hate America protest"

+1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh and BTW, I think the part that REALLY showed how truly ignorant these people are is when idiot on the council said "This isn't fair to our troops"...

WHAT!?!?

Not fair to our troops?

The very reason we have troops fighting for this country is so that we have the RIGHTS to believe whatever the hell we want to believe and to have the FREEDOMS to dissent from stuff like this if we wish to do so.

They are NOT fighting so that religious ZEALOTS try to FORCE non-believers to join in their stupid prayers or the pledge.

Oh and I AM keeping tabs.....so far only ONE conservative on here (Duane...kind of) have openly rejected what they saw in the video.

I'm still waiting for others to do the RIGHT thing and say that these council members were WRONG to try to force this man to stand up for something he doesn't believe in.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 08-31-2014 at 09:26 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

UPDATE:

https://www.facebook.com/events/453348671472382/

^The Central Florida Freethought Community is organizing a literal "Sit down" on the NEXT meeting in this building where every member that goes will remain sitting down throughout the prayer and pledge to not only show solidarity to the man who's rights were GROSSLY violated but to remind these damned morons that OUR RIGHTS will NOT be infringed on by religious/nationalistic ZEALOTS!

I applaud anyone who goes and only wish I could also go.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

It is obvious that the actions of everyone in the video were ridiculous.
    The issue I have is the comment about the police, which was not needed nor founded on anything. Why add a snipe about the police, what did they do wrong?

SCF Rewards
    Country

And by "everyone" do you include the man who was kicked out for not wanting to stand? I hope not.

The issue I have is the comment about the police, which was not needed nor founded on anything. Why add a snipe about the police, what did they do wrong?

Ok fne, the cop comment was a hyperbole....but damn this cop is supposedly an enforcer of the law, right?

I'm SURE that he should've known that it wasn't right to kick the guy out simply for not wanting to stand.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Some can never resist a jab.Trying to make too many crusader points in one thread.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

THe cop was trying to do his job. I am sure Alex you might be asked to do something at your job that you might not believe in. But since they are paying you to do a job you probably do it. Now not saying what went on in the video was right i am not defending that but the cop was acting in the scope of his duties not necessarily his beliefs.
    And by "everyone" do you include the man who was kicked out for not wanting to stand? I hope not.

Ok fne, the cop comment was a hyperbole....but damn this cop is supposedly an enforcer of the law, right?

I'm SURE that he should've known that it wasn't right to kick the guy out simply for not wanting to stand.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast