Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dasbam84's Items on eBay

Today is Day 1 of the DBacks offseason; 188 days until Opening Day!

TTMs Sent 9/29/2014:

Will Clark (SFG, 1B) - c/o SF Giants
    12/31/14 Return (91 days) 1/2 (he kept 1)

Bobby Doerr (HOF) - c/o Home
    10/9/14 Return (10 days) - 2x Customs!

Ron Gant (ATL, OF) - c/o FOX 5 Atlanta 10/20/14 Return (21 days) - 3/3 Success!

Luis Gonzalez (AZ, OF) - c/o AZ DBacks
    10/3/14 Return (4 days) - 3/3 Success!

Dave Stewart (OAK, P) - c/o AZ DBacks
    Last edited by BAM1984; 01-25-2015 at 05:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

A little late of an update but my Luis Gonzalez request came back in 4 days! It was a 3/3 success but Gonzo denied my request for one of his DBacks business cards. It's all good because I am stoked to finally have his TTM auto in my collection! This was my 4th attempt but I think the other 3 tries were failures due to the military postal system.

IMG_8626.jpg

-Bam
    Last edited by BAM1984; 10-10-2014 at 11:41 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats man on the success what a great one to get back! Also awesome he is your PC player

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Update 10/9/2014!

Bobby Doerr's TTM came in on 09 October! I could not find any cards of his so I sent out 2x of the Customs I had made. Overall, I am very happy with the result!!

IMG_8627.jpg

After receiving a HOFer like Doerr.... I am officially hooked on TTM!!! Bobby Doerr signed in the best spot possible and there is no way I could be disappointed with this one in anyway!
    Last edited by BAM1984; 10-10-2014 at 11:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I posted this in the AZL Success sticky thread but wanted to share it in my own thread as well.

Today, I decided to play hooky and attended the Salt River Rafters @ Peoria Javelinas game here in Surprise, AZ; this may cause a little backlash but oh well, it was a great day for some baseball!

Today, I walked away with 18x Signatures!

- Byron Buxton on sweet spot. (NOT an ROMLB)

IMG_8619.jpg

Ticket signed (will update player when I dicypher.

(Pic coming soon)

DBacks logo ball with Marzili, Cruz (coach), Sherfy, and Fleck

IMG_8620.jpg

Blank ball (Rafters team ball) with (Coach) Josh Miller, Chad Wallach, Vincent Velasquez, Eddie Rosario, Tyler Heineman, Trevor Story, Austin Nola, Ryan Casteel, Taylor Featherston, and Jayson Aquino.

IMG_8624.jpg

IMG_8623.jpg

IMG_8622.jpg

Overall, a successful day!
    Last edited by BAM1984; 10-10-2014 at 11:37 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ok, so my last post of the night!

These are not recent TTMs but I never showed them off. Back a couple years ago, I wrote to Ernie Banks (c/o home) but I was not aware of his autograph fees. Either he liked my letter or was being generous because he signed my card for free! This remains one of my favorite TTMs of all time!

2010 Topps "CYMTO" Original Back!
    IMG_8629.jpg

Next up, I bought a card lot of '73 Topps cards and in it, there was a Goose Gossage RC. Also in the lot was a Ken Rudolph card. Prior to buying, I never heard of him but I did a little research to find that he is a high school coach for a Alhambra High School here in Phoenix, AZ and he was also a catcher (I played catcher for 3 years of little league). Ken signed in about 21-30 days (again, the time is unknown as it was back in 2010).

1973 Topps
    IMG_8628.jpg

Thanx for the read,
    -BAM

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

10/20 Update:

Ron Gant came back today (21 days/ c/o Fox5 Atlanta addy) with a 3/3 success!

I am keeping 2 of them and helping a SCF member with his '91 Topps TTM set!

IMG_8772.jpg
    Last edited by BAM1984; 11-11-2014 at 04:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hey everyone,

Last week, I opened up and took a want list for some SCF members for the AZL.

Here are my IP successes that came from the Peoria Javelinas.

Raul Mondesi, SS (KC):
    Mondesi was kind of an arrogant jerk. I asked him to sign and did not know he was a "one and done" signer. Had I of known that, I would have specified the Topps Heritage card. I asked how he was doing and how he thought the AZL was going, but he never answered and did not even attempt to be interactive.

IMG_8738.jpg

Kes Carter, OF (TB):
    Carter was one of the really down to Earth guys. He was walking buy and I asked him to sign. During signing for multiple fans, he was really interactive and took a few minutes to talk.

IMG_8723.jpg

Hunter Dozier, SS (KC):
    Dozier was a quick signer but can't complain!

IMG_8724.jpg

Patrick Leonard, 3B (TB):
    Great signer and pretty cool. He laughed when I stumbled to get the Sharpie out and was really interactive!
    IMG_8725.jpg

Edward Salcedo, SS (ATL):
    Salcedo was signing for everyone! He was pretty cool and is a helluva ballplayer! Between him and Kes Carter, I see them breaking into the Majors here soon!
    IMG_8726.jpg

That's it for this post since it only allows for 5 pics each.... here comes more!

-BAM

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

AZ League (cont.)

Here is a continuance of the Peoria Javelinas.....

Breyvic Valera, 2B (STL):
    Valera is one that was a little tougher to get than others. When he came out of the clubhouse, he did not acknowledge anyone wanting an autograph. I called him and then went over to the dugout and he eventually came over and signed.
    IMG_8727.jpg

Tony Wolters, C:
    Another reluctant signer but happy to get more cards signed. His signature is definitely sloppy when IP but oh well.
    IMG_8728.jpg

Bubba Starling, OF (KC):
    Starling was pretty kool to interact with. He signed for everyone and spoke alot with the elder fans who would ask questions. Overall, I am pleased because I do not like asking for multiples of the same card being signed. He was down to Earth about it.
    IMG_8729.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have been really busy with school lately and family life..... here is a quick update on the AZL.

On 10/31 (Halloween), I went to the Surprise/Peoria game to graph the AZL. The day prior, the Peoria Javelinas were good on graphing but I wanted to try and get the Surprise team because of the managers and up-and-coming stars as well.

Delino DeShield, Manager

Delino was really down to Earth and we spoke briefly on his stint in the Majors. To be honest, I was a Delino fan and remember pulling his Rated Rookie from the '90 Donruss packs to put about 50 of them in my binder. The cards are long gone but I knew he was one that an auto would regenerate my childhood memories!
    IMG_8732.jpg

Jody Davis, Coach

Jody Davis was another that I was determined to get autographs of. I remember watching the Cubs with my grandpa and he was a Jody fan. Jody was really awesome and signed everything I had of him. Meeting Jody was another "regenerating childhood memories."
    IMG_8733.jpg

Seth Mejias-Brean, 3B, CIN

I almost didn't recognize Seth without his "trashy-stache" he had in his cards. He was a quick signer and moved along with little interaction.
    IMG_8734.jpg

Kyle Waldrop, OF, CIN

Kyle was pretty cool to sign. He and Seth were the only CIN players to sign because the others would not do so until "after the game." I couldn't stay that long due to having the priority to take my sons trick-or-treating. During the bottom 6th inning, Raul Mondesi Jr hit a foul ball that hit in front of me and went back into the field, Kyle grabbed it an threw it to me.
    IMG_8735.jpg

Nick Williams, OF, TEX

Nick was a great signer. No one knew who he was so I called him and he signed the only card I had of him. During the game, Nick hit a LF line drive HR that I wish I could have gotten but the ball landed in the field maintenance area so no one got it.... bummer!

IMG_8736.jpg

More to come since SCF only does 5 pics per post!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast