Andhere we go, the very next addition to the museum. The previous one was of aSwede named Tommy Soderstrom, so I figured, what would make the circle morecomplete than another Swedish goalie and former teammate of Soderstrom. Today'splayer addition is Tommy Salo.

BornFebruary 1, 1971 in Surhammar, Sweden, Tommy Salo was drafted 118th overall bythe New York Islanders in 1993. He made his NHL debut on April 11, 1995,stopping 29 of 34 shots in a 5-2 defeat against Tampa Bay. Salo appeared in atotal of six games at the ending of that season before appearing in anadditional ten in 1995-96. Finally, in 1996-97, Salo took over the startingrole for the team, appearing in 58 games while recording five shutouts. Salo heldthe starting position for the Isles until he was traded to the Edmonton Oilersin 1999 for Mats Lindgren and a draft pick. There, Salo established himself asan elite NHL talent, regularly leading the team into the playoffs whileappearing in no less than 65 games in each of his first four full seasons withthem. After an epic upset in the 2002 Olympics at the hands of Belarus, Salostruggled to regain his form as he put up continually weaker numbers in each ofthe 2002-03 and 2003-04 seasons before finally being traded away to Colorado in2004. There, he finished his NHL career with a final five regular season gamesand a lone playoff appearance. From there, he played a few seasons in hisnative Sweden before retiring from hockey.

Inhis career, Salo appeared in 526 regular season games and recorded a 210-225-73record with 37 shutouts, a 2.55GAA and a 0.905% save average. To go along withthat, he appeared in 22 NHL playoff games, recording a 5-16 record with a2.55GAA and a 0.909% save average.

Thejersey you are viewing is a 2001-02 Edmonton Oilers White Set 1 jersey. It wasused in a season in which he appeared in 69 games and in the season of hiscollapse at the hands of Belarus in the Olympics. Exact set dates I do notknow, so I cannot say exactly how many games he wore this for, and it alsodoesn't help that the team occasionally alternated their colors for home andaway at certain points. What I can say is that it was used from the start ofthe season, up until the end of November, possibly early December, for certain.Wear is substantial and is consistent with the use of a starting goaltender.

Front:

Frontright:

Frontright chest with great team repair:

Crestwith nice puck mark:

Frontleft chest area:

Frontleft sleeve:

Rear:

Rearleft sleeve with lots of post transfer:

Rearleft back with more paint transfer:

Rearright shoulder logo with some paint transfer:

Rearright sleeve with some epic puck marks: